Full-Time Employee / Remote
This role is ideal for someone who is eager to work with SB’s Corporate Member Network, which includes 60+ large global brands. This position will provide administrative support to the Membership team, with additional opportunity to support research projects and create original content in the corporate sustainability field.
The majority of the work is done online; therefore, the associate must be tech savvy and familiarity with Google Drive, Dropbox, HTML and CRM tools.
You are at the beginning of your career in the corporate sustainability space, looking for opportunities to directly support brands on their path to becoming more sustainable. At the core, this role is focused on providing administrative, client, planning and research support to the Membership team and to corporate members. You are a self-starter who can take direction and work as a self-guided team player in support of the SB mission.
You understand the internal dynamics of driving organizational change within a company and possess an awareness of how brands are using environmental and social innovation to drive measurable business growth. You have the highest bar for attention to detail and organization, allowing you to easily navigate large information platforms with ease. You have experience with project management, setting timelines and working within a team. This includes the desire to “roll up your sleeves” and assist the team while on-site at live events and the ability to be tech-savvy and develop new solutions, thinking creatively and on your feet.
You are thoughtful and calculated, and you’re excited about the opportunities to get creative and collaborate with your team members to provide excellent client support. Please bring your energy, creativity, and thoroughness to this work, and you’ll be a great addition to the team!
Administrative Support – 50%
- Update/maintain website, databases, and documents. This includes managing website/member tracking, organizing Dropbox and Google Drive, maintaining CRM database (Salesforce) and more.
- Provide critical support for live events and member meetings, including but not limited to venue sourcing, on-site materials set up and breakdown (e.g. handling/moving signs, furniture, etc.), creating pre- and post-event decks, notetaking, member support and communications, and more.
Client Support – 30%
- Provide support to ensure that Members are fully utilizing their benefits. This includes managing discount codes, creating profiles, digitally filing brand/client assets, updating website copy, generating reports, transcribing interviews, writing and editing editorial content, note taking, creating recap materials and more.
- Interact with member companies on social media, and support initiatives to further engage members online.
- Curate/Research disruptive sustainability stories from SB Member companies and upload them to the Member Newsroom to increase web traffic.
Corporate Sustainability Projects – 20%
- Under guidance from Member & Advisory Services Manager, review member CSR reports and identify areas for improvement.
- Help to research and report on specific sustainability topics as a part of projects commissioned by Corporate Members. These custom projects can include market gap identification, industry benchmarking, and other types of sustainability-related research. Write copy for editorial pieces, library entries, and custom research reports and case studies, as needed, in support of membership fulfillment projects and the overall goal of building up SB’s internal knowledge base on a number of cutting-edge corporate sustainability topics.
- Assist with special tasks and projects, including establishing and managing relationships with stakeholders in the global SB community through direct member outreach, designing/conducting surveys, and/or additional stakeholder engagement.
- Support internal research to grow and strengthen member advisory services.
What We're Looking For
- 2-3 years of experience in the sustainability field, preferably in a brand-focused corporate setting
- Minimum education level: Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- Preference is given to candidates in the Pacific and Mountain Time Zones, though this can be based anywhere in the U.S.
- Must be able to travel about once per quarter on company business
- Enjoys being extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Tech-savvy, very comfortable with digital technology, software and ability to self-learn new platforms and tools
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Dropbox, HTML
- Knowledge about corporate sustainability and interest to advance sustainability knowledge, focusing on topic areas such as stakeholder demand and behavior change, design innovation, new metrics, and transformational leadership
- Preferred experience with Wordpress, Salesforce (or other robust CRM), AWS, Asana; sustainability reporting frameworks such as GRI, SASB, CDP and the UNGC Principles and a deep understanding of the UN SDGs is helpful. Experience with materiality assessments, stakeholder committees, etc. would be beneficial.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume
with an interesting, personal cover letter to
Be sure that the title of the role is in the subject field.