Full-Time Employee / Remote
This role is ideal for someone who is eager to work with SB’s Member Network, which includes 80+ large global organizations. This position will provide administrative support to the Membership team, with additional opportunity to support research projects and create original content in the corporate sustainability field.
The majority of the work is done online; therefore, the associate must be tech savvy and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Dropbox, HTML, information architecture and CRM tools.
You are at the beginning of your career in the corporate sustainability space, looking for opportunities to directly support brands and solution providers on their path to creating the new economy. At the core, this role is focused on providing administrative, client, planning, operational and research support to the Membership team and members.
You are a self-starter who primarily works as a self-guided, independent team player while also taking direction and collaborating. As an agile team, everyone at Sustainable Brands must understand the company’s mission and make active contributions.
You are aware of how brands are using environmental and social innovation to drive measurable business growth. You can write for a corporate sustainability and executive audience; your writing is professional and ready to be client-facing.
You are tech savvy and easily be able to navigate digital, large information platforms with ease and teach yourself how to use new systems, with some guidance. Elementary knowledge of HTML and image resizing/filing is necessary. You have the highest bar for attention to detail and organization. You understand the concept of information architecture, file naming nomenclature, and actively enjoy keeping data/files organized. You proactively drive the implementation of system and organizational improvements.
Bring your energy, creativity, and thoroughness to this work, and you’ll be a great addition to the team!
Administrative Support – 70%
- Update/maintain website, databases, and documents. This includes managing website/benefits tracking, organizing Dropbox and Google Drive, actively updating and maintaining the CRM database (Salesforce) and more.
- Provide critical support for live events and member meetings, including but not limited to venue sourcing, on-site materials set up and breakdown (e.g. handling/moving signs, furniture, etc.), creating pre- and post-event decks, notetaking, member support and communications, and more.
Client Support – 30%
- Provide support to ensure that Members are fully utilizing their benefits. This includes managing discount codes, creating profiles, digitally filing brand/client assets, updating website copy, generating reports, transcribing interviews, writing and editing editorial content, note taking, creating recap materials and more.
- Write copy that is client-facing, such as member events, informational resources, announcements, etc.
- Manage the Member Newsroom, support client requests related to this benefit, liaise with digital team to ensure improvements are made.
- Interact with member companies on social media, and support initiatives to further engage members online.
- Curate/Research disruptive sustainability stories from SB Member companies.
What We're Looking For
- 1-3 years of experience in the sustainability field, preferably in a brand-focused corporate setting
- Minimum education level: Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- Preference is given to candidates in the Pacific and Mountain Time Zones, though this can be based anywhere in the U.S.
- Must be able to travel about once per quarter on company business
- Enjoys being extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Tech-savvy, very comfortable with digital technology, software and ability to self-learn new platforms and tools
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Dropbox, HTML
- Knowledge about corporate sustainability and interest to advance sustainability knowledge, focusing on topic areas such as stakeholder demand and behavior change, design innovation, new metrics, and transformational leadership
- Preferred experience with Wordpress, Salesforce (or other robust CRM), AWS, Asana; sustainability reporting frameworks such as GRI, SASB, CDP and the UNGC Principles and a deep understanding of the UN SDGs is helpful. Experience with materiality assessments, stakeholder committees, etc. would be beneficial.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume
with an interesting, personal cover letter to
Be sure that the title of the role is in the subject field.