Full-Time Employee / Remote
The Director of Digital Marketing Strategy is responsible for the smooth functioning and consistent optimization of performance marketing, following the user journey from lead acquisition all the way through conversion. They will create the digital marketing framework for Sustainable Brands, including planning, process, infrastructure, research and analysis. This role will deliver key insights and recommendations that optimize the performance of digital marketing programs, ensuring that digital marketing initiatives are seamlessly executed and highly effective. This position creates and implements modern approaches to advance business goals & builds digital strategies as part of broader marketing & growth plans.
Situated from within the Global Brand Services team, this role serves as a cross-departmental collaborator helping to ensure a strategic approach to measurement & user engagement across all functions of the digital business. They also support core strategic functions for the Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of Digital on the development of the long-term strategy, leading and presenting new ideas to the leadership team, and leading cross-functional teams in strategic deep-dive digital projects.
You are an experienced professional who can help the Global Brand Services team create and execute innovative, data-driven, marketing campaigns. Developing a marketing strategy and tactical plan to promote our lines of business and grow attendance at our live events is super exciting to you. You have experience as a digital marketer, but most importantly you have a passion for learning from industry trends, sharing those insights with team members, and using your experience and new learning to create well-oiled campaigns. You are analytical, thoughtful and detail-oriented, and you’re excited about the opportunities to get creative and collaborate with team members to think of outside-the-box ideas to reach new customers. Please bring your energy, creativity and thoroughness to this work, and you’ll be a great addition to the team!
In collaboration with senior leadership team, set digital marketing goals and KPIs that align with the company's overall strategy, and manage initiatives to achieve these goals
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives against team KPIs.
- Analyze the flow from lead acquisition through conversion.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points, find risks and illuminate opportunities.
Lead the development of Analytics Dashboards to track key success metrics for the team and senior leadership team
- Lead the team to identify ways to improve key marketing operations, processes and workflows to enhance overall departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create effective ROI reporting and identify the need for data enrichment/cleansing.
- Lead the development of individual LoB digital marketing campaigns:
- Leverage SB data to help LoB leaders and Global Brand Services Team assemble live event marketing plans, communications plans, and creative, effective marketing campaigns.
- Plan and analyze effective, engaging email campaigns, targeting new and repeat customers
- Monitor competitive events/product offerings and generate innovative marketing tactics for team to use
- Develop strategies for bringing more leads at the top of the purchasing funnel and driving them through to conversion
- Deliver against Live Event attendee revenue goals and LoB goals that are set in collaboration with the senior leadership team
- Set up and modify event microsite web pages to support campaign initiatives; build pages that engage potential customers and help them convert
- Monitor prospect funnel from microsite visitor to converted attendee and sponsor; improve this conversion through lead capture tactics, nurture campaigns and other mechanisms
- Overseeing marketing operations through technologies like Pardot, Google Analytics, Adwords, Tag Manager, and social media sites
- Manage content capture efforts at conferences and its use in promotional materials thereafter
- Track performance of marketing campaigns and iterate where necessary
- Collect A/B and other campaign performance results to inform future work
- Accountable for developing and executing our digital strategy across Sustainable Brands platforms, including managing digital marketing, multimedia content, digital engagement, overall web development and driving social media engagement strategies, and leading the team to deliver world-class digital experiences.
What We're Looking For
- 5-7 years of experience in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Operations, or potentially E-Commerce.
- Intermediate to extensive level of expertise in Marketing communications and analytics tools; including, but not limited to, Pardot (or other similar email marketing platforms), Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Adwords, and social media sites
- Proven success as a strong leader and manager of in-house and out-sourced teams.
- Proven mastery of digital advertising (search, display, social, native, retargeting, mobile), search engine optimization (on-page elements, citation management, keyword analysis, performance audits), and conversion optimization (user behavior flow, heat mapping, design best practices).
- Proven digital expertise across a variety of technologies including coding, emerging and current platforms and content management systems.
- Technical understanding of website and digital development process (concept design, development, testing and deployment)
- Experience with Marketing technology systems (Pardot, Google Analytics) as well as competitive SEO market intelligence and UX/UI user engagement platforms.
- Ability to hit the ground running; will not need much training on the Primary Responsibilities
- Proficient in HTML, web design and/or Adobe Suite a big plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to engage with various audiences to make easy-to-understand presentations.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects concurrently, and pay close attention to detail and fact-checking.
- Data-driven decision-maker, with strong analytical skills and experience driving the creation of KPIs for senior executives
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing priorities, direction, and deadlines is essential.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team-environment.
- In-depth knowledge in online customer experience (UX), search engine marketing and optimization, web analytics and technologies, digital media planning and content/social media management.
- Candidate must possess a strong knowledge and/or experience with the following: MS Office suite software such as Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Proficient in all social media platforms. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and CMS platforms a strong plus
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively, solve problems, plan directions, overcome obstacles and successfully negotiate with individuals and groups is essential.
- Ability to leverage audience targets, analytics data, digital trends, user behaviors, competitive audits and experience evaluations to inform marketing and campaign strategy
- Open-minded individual with a flexible, open operating style, and a natural consultative approach that gains the trust and respect of individuals at all levels.
- Ability to present to and influence senior leadership team
- Familiarity or passion for sustainable business also a bonus.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume
with an interesting, personal cover letter to
Be sure that the title of the role is in the subject field.