Full-Time Employee / Remote
The Brands for Good Initiative was created based on the fact that consumers want to live a more sustainable lifestyle, but there is a gap between their intent and action. Brands are uniquely positioned to fill that gap, and through Brands for Good, they are collaborating to build desire and offer tools and resources, and ultimately cement the connection between sustainable living and the Good Life of the future. A cadre of ten companies that are fast becoming leadership beacons within their industries, are already involved with the launch of Brands for Good. The new lead role will achieve significant growth goals by attracting many more high-profile and consumer brand companies, further developing the platform. This person will be responsible for taking the strategy, built by the SB team and the founding design partners, and implementing it over the next Phases of the initiative. This role is highly complex and requires someone who is primed to dig into an innovative, very dynamic, progressive, and high profile process. This critical work affords the right candidate the chance to bring sustainable living to the masses and help companies taking the initiative to find reward for doing so at a time when accelerated change is required for both planet and people.
- Project Leadership of the Brands for Good initiative; ensuring high customer satisfaction and measurable results.
- Project Management of the various work streams, resources, and deliverables to ensure completion on time and on budget.
- Serve as a key spokesperson for the initiative with internal and external stakeholders and media, potentially speaking on the initiative at various public and private events.
- Ability to continuously think at the level of an executive, while keeping all of the “trains running on time” within the project and in many cases, serving as your own support.
- Build and maintain the tools, resources, partnerships and implementation processes to make the Brands for Good initiative a success.
- Identify, analyze, negotiate for and nourish new partnership opportunities and strategic alliances that support growth objectives.
- Create high-impact communications to senior business leaders, including developing, preparing and presenting strategic proposals to key target partners.
- Structure and negotiate business partnerships, including deals and terms, promotion, and product partnerships.
- Consistently optimize within, and navigate through, ambiguity to meet objectives.
- Create and execute a rigorous account plan and manage the P&L for the business unit
- Work with internal SB team to ensure that collaboration across different departments at SB is successful, and that BfG is fully integrated into the overall SB offering.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 10 years working at the intersection of brands, innovation and sustainability. At least 3 years at a Director-level.
- Highly desired expertise and background (in any one of the areas)
* Consumer brand marketing
* Management consulting
* Senior marketing agency account management
* Corporate sustainability role at consumer brand
- A consistent track record of establishing and growing strategic partnerships in the sustainability arena and experience working across a variety of industries.
- Experience reviewing and negotiating contract terms for commercial partnerships from senior stakeholder engagement, through to proposal writing, working with legal teams on contractual elements and influencing decision makers
- Highly collaborative and, despite high-pressure situations with tight deadlines, you are able to work gracefully and productively with cross-functional teams from all backgrounds.
- A unique mix of excellent leadership and strategic thinking capability and the ability to organize and execute the CEO’s vision.
- Natural diplomacy and excellent stakeholder engagement will be key to success in this role.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork, dedication to integrity, transparency and honesty.
- Experience working with cross-cultural colleagues or teams in dynamic situations, as well as being comfortable working on your own
- Multi-stakeholder workshop design and facilitation experience and comfort with large audience presentations
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% of the time
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume
with an interesting, personal cover letter to
Be sure that the title of the role is in the subject field.