Internship / Remote
Summary of the role:
The Event Operations Intern will be a support member to the SB Event Operations team, being the lead support to the Associate Manager of Conferences. This role will primarily be responsible for supporting project mapping and planning, executing on the event timeline, supporting with logistics coordination and communications for Sustainable Brands live events. While a large focus on the tactical and administrative, this role will also include the opportunity for larger projects that include procuring creative engagements and partnerships to elevate the conference experience and innovate for increased attendee engagement. This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in gaining experience in conference management and planning, as well as the sustainability, CSR, and brand engagement space.
You are an aspiring events or hospitality professional with a passion for excellence, customer service, and sustainability. You are a student looking for credit or to volunteer for an amazing purpose-driven company. You have an incredible eye for detail, and a proven track record for completing projects. At the core, this role is focused on event logistics and management, as well as ways to elevate our conference engagement and attendee experience. You know how to collaborate with a team, manage project timelines, and a drive to complete projects.
Event Operations Support:
- Supporting Associate Director of Conferences with projects under, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Conference Center and other Venues
- Food and beverage
- Help procure equipment rentals, transportation amenities, and service providers
- Assist in the coordination of pre-event communications with attendees including newsletters, blog posts, coordinating with our marketing team
- Keep event microsite and event mobile app up to date
- Plan, account for and manage the preparation of event materials needed at the registration desk onsite
- Assist in the preparation of onsite conference materials
- Support attendees with registration help as necessary
- Support in producing volunteer program - collecting and vetting applicants, provide training pre-event/onsite, be the main point of contact onsite
What We're Looking For
- 1-2 Years of experience, preferred in events, administrative assistance, and/or volunteer coordination (Can be in school or through volunteer projects or internships)
- Studying MarComm, Event Management or Hospitality Management.
- Experience in the following, or similar: Aventri (registration platform) or CVent (Event Management System), Event Mobile apps, Google suite, Microsoft Office.
- Resourceful and able to adapt to new platforms easily.
- Coachable; Ability to learn basic sales and marketing skills
- Detail oriented and performance driven
- Outgoing, fun personality with strong people skills (you love engaging with others!)
- Ability to work with a team as well as individually
- Demonstrated effective communication skills; the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and a commitment to provide excellent customer service required
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume
with an interesting, personal cover letter to
Be sure that the title of the role is in the subject field.