Updated on March 23, 2020
As a global organization, Sustainable Brands is carefully watching information around the world about COVID-19. The health and safety of our team, our partners and our community are of utmost importance to us, and the decisions we make regarding how to respond are being made accordingly. Information about the COVID-19 is changing daily; therefore, we are monitoring and assessing new developments regularly. We’re committed to updating confirmed and prospective SB Long Beach participants with new information through our event websites and email channels, as the COVID-19 risk is more clearly assessed.
Our Current Thinking and Decisions
- As of March 16th, the City of Long Beach has prohibited gatherings of 50+ individuals through the end of March.
- We are currently proceeding with our flagship conference. However, we are creating contingency plans should the situation change.
- Again, we will update you regularly as the situation unfolds.
Regarding Your Participation in Our Events
- Our cancellation policy: For our US events, we will honor requests for a full credit up to thirty (30) days prior to the event start date, and 50% credit within thirty (30) days event start date. We will further offer full or partial credit for future events based on the above timeline. Any registration can always be transferred to another party at any time.
- For Sponsors, our standard cancellation policy honors requests for a full refund on cancellations received within thirty (30) days of signing the LOA. Until present circumstances related to COVID-19 abate, we will continue to review this policy, and our team will be actively in touch to assess whether further accommodations are appropriate.
Everyone who sponsors or attends an SB event is an important and valued member of our community. Our work to create a regenerative and flourishing future is important to our collective future, and we will go forward as long as it is possible and prudent to do so. We are hopeful about mitigating negative outcomes of the current situation in collaboration with all our partners, our Advisory Board, and current and prospective customers.
In the meantime, our team encourages you to pay attention to science-based updates, and to follow WHO and CDC everyday prevention guidelines to help arrest the spread of this and other viruses.
For Further Information
Resources we are monitoring include:
- General information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19.
- CDC FAQs on Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Numbers to help us understand the particulars of the COVID-19 virus.
- WHO’s basic Coronavirus prevention.
- Scientists estimate two plausible outbreak scenarios.
- What are WHO’s best practices for event gatherings.
- Specific information for Long Beach from Long Beach Health.
With appreciation, as always,
The Team at SB Worldwide