Opportunity to support the development and execution of UPS's global sustainability communications plan
The Sustainability Communications Supervisor is responsible for supporting the development and execution of UPS’s global sustainability communications plan, including project management of the annual Sustainability Report. This position manages the execution of communication activities and deliverables, including researching, writing, and editing materials for internal and external audiences.
Duties include creating storytelling content for social media, thought leadership channels, executive communications, and other UPS-owned and external platforms. The ideal candidate must have strong project management capabilities and excellent writing skills, including an ability to synthesize technical topics into accessible content for diverse audiences.
This role collaborates across functions that have responsibility for sustainability to ensure accuracy and consistency of message. This position takes initiative to build relationships at multiple levels within other departments, and presents recommendations to educate, inform, gain consensus and accomplish objectives. The ideal candidate has keen interpersonal communications skills and an ability to work independently.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Identifies needs of stakeholders to ensure communications objectives are met
- Creates and/or analyzes briefs and identifies target audience to determine objectives and creative recommendations
- Guides production and distribution of materials to ensure quality control and timely receipt by appropriate audience
- Prepares reports for senior management to provide updates on the projects’ progress, risks, results, and successes
- Provides budget input for the plan to forecast spend. Monitors, tracks, and reviews accrual and budget reports to ensure actual spend is within plan
Knowledge And Skills
- Communication Design and Management: Designs messaging and visuals for appropriate audience; specifies needs and requirements for new communication programs; identifies and addresses logistical issues with communication programs
- Detail Orientation: Develops plans that balance details and the “big picture”; adapts the level of detail required for a given audience and the purpose; completes work with thoroughness; maintains records and information in an organized manner; audits available information for inconsistencies; maintains documentation that support the completion of work and retention of details/decisions
- Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for moderately complex and medium duration projects as well as basic programs; defines most of the initiatives project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; develops recommendations on best way to fulfill the project requirements given the current project and organizational dynamics; overcomes basic organizational resistance to cross-functional demands; demonstrates ability to successfully apply the project management discipline and remains current on project management practices and tools
- Report Generation: Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Budget Management: Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area’s budget on organizational financial plan
- 3-5 years' experience in the Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility space, and experience with corporate sustainability reporting
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Sustainability - Preferred
- Experience in Integrated Communications Management- Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law