The global humanitarian organization CARE, healthcare leader Abbott and its foundation the Abbott Fund are combining their capabilities in a novel partnership to address an often-overlooked problem: noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) like diabetes and cardiovascular disease in emergency and disaster settings.
The panelists will discuss how this unique partnership combines the strengths of CARE, Abbott and the Abbott Fund to address NCDs for people who remain displaced two years after armed conflict in Marawi City, Philippines.
They'll also share insights on how different organizations can work together to effectively leverage their expertise to maximize positive impact.
What You Will Learn
In this webinar, attendees will be presented with these takeaways:
- Learn how to choose partners that complement your expertise
- Learn how to build a strategy that leverages both corporate and nonprofit strengths
- Learn tips for success in addressing complex issues, and understand nuances of working with hard-to-reach populations
- Learn approaches for working with local groups to build programs "from the ground up" to address NCDs
- Identify how to make specific programs relevant on a global stage