8 am PDT | 11 am EDT | 4 pm BST | 5 pm CEST
Various aspects of the pharma sourcing process and supplier relationships offer opportunities to advance sustainability and strategic goals. These include alternative raw materials at manufacturing facilities (e.g., biomass and recycled plastic), sourcing of renewable materials (e.g., palm oil), partnering on supplier sustainability, and more.
For example, BASF has seen sustainable sourcing begin to matter more for pharma, with a number of pharma companies taking a proactive role, because:
- Sustainable sourcing aligns pharma with the efforts of NGOs, retailers and other stakeholders that support it, thereby mitigating risks; and
- Sustainably-sourced pharma products can also help pharma companies enhance their reputation in the value chain and marketplace
Pharma companies, including Allergan, are also leveraging their resources as an industry to support capability building on sustainability issues within their supply chain. Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative (PSCI) is an example of such an industry group. PSCI develops and delivers training to suppliers on waste water management, process safety, EH&S, and labor issues to reduce risk and ensure continued supply for its members.
BASF and Allergan understand these dynamics well. They will share their experiences and engage attendees on theirs.
What You Will Learn
In this webinar, attendees will be presented with these takeaways:
- Uncover the latest dynamics in sustainable sourcing & supplier engagement for pharma
- Learn how to use these trends to enhance reputation
- Gain insights into the risks such efforts help mitigate