3M announced today its 2015 Sustainability Report, which outlines the company’s sustainability progress and new goals for the next 10 years.
The report highlights 3M’s new 2025 sustainability goals focused on addressing significant global sustainability challenges involving raw materials, water, energy and climate, health and safety, as well as education and development. The goals reflect 3M’s expanding sustainability strategy by placing a greater focus on supporting the environmental goals of its customers and the communities in which it operates.
“Our 2025 goals reflect 3M’s commitment to improving our business, our planet and every life,” said Gayle Schueller, 3M vice president, Global Sustainability. “We believe we can make even more progress toward reducing these global barriers as we continue to collaborate with our customers, our communities and others.”
In addition to introducing the new 2025 goals, the report highlights 3M’s progress toward achieving its 2015 sustainability goals. This year’s report, available at 3M.com/SustainabilityReport, features an easier-to-navigate design, interactive content and is available on multiple platforms. 3M has published a sustainability report in alignment with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework since 2002.
2015 Sustainability Report Highlights:
- Ethisphere Institute names 3M as a “World’s Most Ethical Company” for a second consecutive year.
- Selected as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 15th consecutive year.
- Donated more than $80 million in cash and products in 2014.
- Product and personal stories that demonstrate how 3M science and technology are improving lives.
- Current sustainability progress:
- Achieved a 64 percent absolute reduction in greenhouse gas emissions between 2002 and 2014.
- Increased on-site reuse and recycling by nearly 40 percent from 2010-2015. Recycled 25 percent of total water used in 2014.
- Prevented more than 2 million tons of air, water and waste pollution since 1975 through 3M’s visionary Pollution Prevention Pays (3P) program.
- 15 million metric tons of CO2 equivalent emissions were avoided for customers through the use of 3M product platforms in 2014.
To learn more about sustainability at 3M and to access the 2015 report, visit 3M.com/SustainabilityReport
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $32 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.