3 weeks ago
- By failing to acknowledge our industry’s flaws, we could hinder meaningful progress on real issues going forward — namely, making sure carbon offsets actually contribute to reducing GHG emissions.
3 months ago
- A recent Innovate4Climate workshop focused on technology’s role in improving carbon accounting verification processes. SustainCERT and INFRAS explored how digitization will revolutionize emissions-reductions verification in both voluntary and compliance markets.
5 months ago
- Too many corporate carbon offset schemes rely on measuring soil organic carbon — which is highly variable, hard to measure and easy to lose. Here is a four-step framework for companies looking to create tangible impacts on the ground (pun intended).
10 months ago
- The roadmap and momentum are there; so, the big issue now is acceleration. We have the capacity to build a better future — and right now, some leaders are driving a fundamental redefinition of value by adopting new metrics and standards.
11 months ago
- Almost 1,000 companies have already adopted 1.5°C-aligned, science-based targets — now, we need governments to harness this momentum and work to provide clarity for companies that are ready to accelerate their climate action with equally ambitious policies and incentives.
1 year ago
- Thanks to some long-overdue digital transformations, carbon offsets can now be verified and issued on a near-real-time basis, software solutions handle costs and complexity, and accuracy is significantly enhanced. This is a win-win-win for project developers, carbon-offset buyers and the planet.