3 months ago
- While climate change and intensifying carbon emissions still top the list of factors endangering a healthy future for the world’s children, a new report finds that marketing of harmful products aimed at children is another major threat to their wellbeing.
1 year ago
- Sanitation is one of the most pressing social and public health challenges today. 1 in 3 people worldwide do not have access to a safe toilet — and 892 million people have no choice but to defecate in the open. Every two minutes, a child dies from a preventable diarrhea-related disease — approximately 288,000 children each year. The issue also contributes to the number of girls who drop out of school, since they are especially affected by a lack of hygiene and sanitation during their period.
1 year ago
- With the 2018 FIFA World Cup taking place against the backdrop of a rapidly changing world, a world where people increasingly expect corporations to stand for something more than just profits, it seems like an appropriate time to take a look at which World Cup sponsors are leaning into this cultural tension and activating their sponsorships in a purposeful way.
2 years ago
- Today, UNICEF USA and UPS announced an impactful partnership with Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Empire State Relief and Recovery Effort to support the people of Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria. Providing relief to those in need of clean water and other basic supplies, UNICEF USA, in close cooperation with the Governor’s teams and nonprofit partners, will leverage the vast UPS logistics network to deliver supplies from various points around the world, including from the company’s Worldport global air hub in Louisville, Kentucky. One plane will carry more than 60 pallets of water from Governor Cuomo’s Empire State Relief and Recovery Effort, departing on Tuesday morning.
2 years ago
- Complex problems require advanced solutions and new ways of finding them. This is the thinking behind Novozymes’ new open innovation initiative, HelloScience, which aims to foster collaboration across borders, expertise and technologies on serious global challenges such as those addressed in the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
3 years ago
- HAKLE, the leading tissue brand in Switzerland, has joined forces with the world’s leading children’s organization, UNICEF, to transform the lives of children and their families in Angola and South Africa.
Part of the Kimberly-Clark’s global Toilets Change Lives (TCL) Program, the partnership will provide better water and sanitation at schools in South Africa and empower communities to build toilets in Angola. Securing the support of Switzerland’s largest retailer and supermarket chain Migros as an exclusive partner, the HAKLE brand will donate a portion of its proceeds from every product sold until the end of the year to help people in Angola and South Africa.
4 years ago
- A 2010 report by the World Health Organization and UNICEF estimated that four out of every 10 people in the world, particularly those in Africa and Asia, do not have clean water to drink, and according to Green Cross International, roughly 3,000 children die each day as a result of diseases caused by ingestion of filthy water.