Hurricane Harvey has devastated parts of Southeast Texas and Louisiana, and the unprecedented flooding continues to affect the area. On the heels of Harvey, we have begun to witness the impacts of Hurricane Irma on the Caribbean and the potential effects it may have on Florida.
At The Estée Lauder Companies, our deepest thoughts and concerns are with our employees and the communities affected by these disasters. The safety and well-being of our employees, their families and our local partners is a top priority. While some of our employees have been displaced by the effects of the hurricanes, we are relieved to share that all of our employees remain safe, and we continue to monitor the situation closely.
We are also inspired by and proud of how quickly our employees and brands responded with an outpouring of support. Our commitment to caring for our employees and the communities in which we live and work, especially in times of need, is integral to our company’s values. In line with this, The Estée Lauder Companies will be donating $250,000 to American Red Cross in order to support disaster recovery programs implemented for Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, which includes shelter, meals and health services, as well as individual recovery assistance in the impacted areas. Additionally, ELC and our brands will provide the following relief support:
- ELC Good Works will double-match employee donations ($2 for every $1 donated) through U.S. Good Works during September, to the following organizations providing relief in areas impacted by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma: American Red Cross, Feeding America, Houston SPCA, and Save the Children
- ELC Good Works will also continue to match dollar-for-dollar any employee donations to other eligible non-profits via Good Works
- The M·A·C AIDS Fund will donate $250,000 to support local disaster-relief efforts in the most affected areas in Texas via grants to the following organizations: Houston Food Bank, Corpus Christi Food Bank, Food Bank of the Golden Crescent, Southeast Texas Food Bank and the AIDS Foundation of Houston
- Aveda will contribute $10,000 to Save the Children to provide immediate relief packages which include clean water, food and hygiene supplies for children and their families, and long-term support to repair water systems and infrastructure in schools and child care centers. Aveda will also contribute $5,000 to the Houston SPCA, Houston’s first and largest animal protection organization, to provide water, food and shelter for animals displaced by the disaster; and the brand will work with its Earth Month partner Gulf Restoration Network (GRN) to direct a portion of GRN’s campaign funds to support both immediate and long-term recovery efforts throughout Texas and Louisiana
- GLAMGLOW will donate $4,000 to Greater Houston Community Foundation Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund, $4,000 to Houston Food Bank, and $4,000 to Houston SPCA
- Smashbox will donate $12,000 to various charities on behalf of their Fiji event influencers, primarily the American Red Cross Bumble and bumble will donate 5,500 bottles of shampoo to the Red Cross to support relief efforts.
The compassion, support and strength displayed by our employees during these times reinforces our family values and what makes us special as a company. We know that Hurricanes Harvey and Irma are just two of many similar natural disasters happening globally and our company is continuously evaluating ways to offer support in areas where relief is needed.
The Estée Lauder Companies extends our heartfelt thoughts and gratitude toward all our employees, particularly to those in impacted areas, for demonstrating incredible spirit and persistence during a very difficult time.