We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… With minimal direction from the Director, Sustainability North America, the Manager, Corporate Sustainability Engagement is responsible for differentiating BASF and building key relationships externally, and for internal culture, commitment, and capability for sustainability at BASF in North America. S/he manages efforts to differentiate BASF externally via presence in external networks and compelling messaging, and leads the implementation of internal engagement measures that support BASF’s position as a chemical industry sustainability leader. Manager, Corporate Sustainability (1701800) – Florham Park, NJ Formula for Success: You Will…
- Develop and advise on external messaging, branding, influence, and advocacy to deliver optimal visibility for strategic messages by engaging key customers and decision-makers. This is done in partnership with the global sustainability team, regional businesses, and functions.
- Coordinate and liaise with global and regional sustainability, business, and functional leaders to ensure BASF sustainability and business strategies are well-represented both externally and internally.
- Build and lead employee engagement strategies and execution to drive action in line with sustainability strategy and vision in partnership with global sustainability and regional communications.
- Manage market intelligence from key networks and influencers, transferring within BASF to build BASF value-chain insights.
- Support marketing and sales messaging that maximizes sustainability Unique Value Proposition (UVP) to differentiate BASF with customers.
- Assist in the development and implementation of consistent global brand- and product-level messaging that establishes BASF as a chemical industry sustainability leader.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. [email protected] is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With [email protected], you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Sustainability/Environmental Sciences, Journalism, or Communications.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in fields such as marketing, sustainability, public relations, and project management in an international and/or multicultural environment.
- Working knowledge of key sustainability, environmental, and social opportunities and challenges in BASF-relevant industries.
- Strong ability to influence and impact in leading engagement activities that affect global, regional and local stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Excellent strategic, creative, and conceptual abilities; a customer- and goal-oriented professional skilled in planning and analysis.
- Focused on customer relationship management and cultivation (e.g., creation of concept, execution, ability to set guidelines and deadlines, manage budgets).
- Ability to build organizational alignments.
- A willingness and commitment to hands-on working.
- Excellent English language, verbal, and written communication skills; bi- or multi-lingual skills are a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in presentations, event moderation, and public speaking
- Travel 20%