With back-to-school season in full swing, PepsiCo’s Recycle Rally program is now offering more than 250 free resources online for teachers and school faculty to use in K-12 schools with the goal of increasing recycling rates across the nation.
Recycle Rally was formed as part of PepsiCo’s Performance with Purpose initiative, which aims to not just drive value for shareholders but also to leave a positive imprint on society and the environment. One of the program’s key environmental goals is to work to help increase the national recycling rate for beverage containers. PepsiCoRecycling established Recycle Rally to engage an audience at K-12 schools because PepsiCo recognizes that teachers care about the planet and that they serve as passionate advocates to help students to get in the habit of recycling.
When a school decides to join the rally, PepsiCo provides an array of supporting material and guidelines to help them kick off their recycling journey. Students compete to win prizes for their schools and program supervisors track the students' progress to garner excitement around recycling.
The free tools and resources do not require registration and can be easily downloaded at pepsicorecycling.com/SchoolResources. These materials can help teachers inspire and initiate action, educate students, boost awareness and engage the community around recycling.
Innovation in Stakeholder Engagement, Education and Collaboration
Join us as representatives from AT&T, Impossible Foods, Logitech and more explore how new approaches to stakeholder engagement, education and collaboration can be helpful in nudging consumer behaviors and taking sustainability and regeneration initiatives to the next level — Wednesday, October 20 at SB'21 San Diego.
Examples of resources available for teachers to promote recycling in the classroom include:
- Recycling activities and games
- Tips for building a team and recruiting staff to help
- How-to guides for kickoff events, celebrations and recycling drives
- Lesson plans and educational videos
- Easy template materials to spread the word
- Posters, invitations, banners “PepsiCo Recycling believes that resources aimed at helping schools recycle more should be available to all teachers, faculty, students and staff,” said Tom Mooradian, manager, environmental sustainability at PepsiCo. “Through Recycle Rally, PepsiCo is proud to equip schools with educational resources that are easy and free to use, helping to drive meaningful change within their communities.”