What happens to your used technology when you upgrade? Like most, you may store it away in a closet where it collects dust. Instead, why not recycle it?
Dell Reconnect, a partnership between Dell and Goodwill Industries International, takes used computer equipment of any brand, working or not, and puts it back to good use or recycles it responsibly for free (find a location near you).
- Drop off your used technology at one of the many participating Goodwill® locations. You can donate any brand of used computer equipment in any condition and your donations are tax deductible. You may request a receipt at the time of donation to receive a tax deduction. Just remember to remove personal data from hard drives and other storage media before donating to Goodwill.
- In some locations, equipment is inspected and put back to good use. Trained technicians clean, repair and upgrade the technology as necessary.
- In some locations, refurbished equipment is resold in local Goodwill stores. Your donation gives families an opportunity to purchase technology at a great price and creates jobs in the community.
- Other technology is recycled. Any technology that cannot be refurbished is recycled in a safe and responsible manner. Recycling with Dell Reconnect ensures used electronics don’t wind up in landfills.
- Help a great cause. Dell Reconnect has helped to create jobs for people in need of work — from collecting and sorting jobs to more skilled positions — and the revenue from the recycled computer equipment supports Goodwill’s job training and employment services. This program has also allowed Goodwill program participants to manage the collection and disassembly of equipment.
Thanks to Dell’s longstanding partnership with Goodwill, more than 250 million pounds of used electronics has been diverted from landfills since 2004.
What are your recycling tips? Share below.