6 months ago
- As I write this, we are anxiously awaiting the US Senate to pass President Biden’s “Build Back Better” legislation. It’s important that this passes, as it calls for the continuation of the Child Tax Credit program that has been instrumental in helping US families rise out of poverty.
1 year ago
- As Congress signs off for Thanksgiving, roughly 12 million Americans could soon lose jobless benefits. The hope is that people and companies continue to step up; government programs continue, and the flexibility the food supply chain has gained during COVID will enable a nimbler switch to accommodate future need.
3 years ago
- Global food and beverage company PepsiCo kicked off a month-long community service program with 1,000 New York-area employees packing more than 1 million nutritious meals for underserved communities in Westchester County and communities in need in Latin America. PepsiCo's month of giving started today with over 300 employees at the company's headquarters in Purchase, New York, packing more than 285,000 meals.
4 years ago
- Around 52 million tons of food are wasted each year in the United States despite 1 in 7 US citizens lacking reliable access to sufficient, affordable and nutritious food. While raising consumer awareness is an important food waste reduction strategy, interventions at the corporate level have a crucial role to play in addressing the issue on a large scale.
4 years ago
- Food giants across the US and UK continue to forge forward on efforts to drive down food waste and end hunger, rolling out new initiatives that align with the UN Sustainable Development Goal to halve food waste by 2030. The announcements coincide with a new global resolution launched by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), which calls on the private sector to halve food and agricultural losses by 2030 and work with suppliers and consumers to do the same.
4 years ago
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Irma and the earthquake in Mexico, the PepsiCo Foundation quickly mobilized to provide support to communities in need as they begin the long road to recovery. The PepsiCo Foundation has provided a $1 million grant to Feeding America for assistance in Florida and the Southeast U.S. The Foundation is giving the American Red Cross and its partner national societies a $250,000 grant to aid recovery in the Caribbean and a $250,000 donation for relief work in Mexico. The Foundation has also provided $250,000 to source, package and distribute meals in the Miami area through its long-established Food for Good program, a purpose-driven business initiative that uses PepsiCo's expertise in taste, nutrition and distribution to tackle child hunger.