1 month ago
- The world’s largest adventure travel company and certified B Corp is advocating for the safe return of international travel and improved access to COVID-19 vaccinations in low-income countries around the world.
4 months ago
- The world’s largest B Corp travel company has introduced 42 new, low-carbon alternative tours. The move is part of a wider decarbonization plan that includes removing all
flights under 90 minutes from the top 50 trips, where possible, by the end of 2022.
8 months ago
- Despite the fact that COVID-19 essentially grounded international travel for the better part of 2020, the tourism industry’s collective decision to address the climate emergency has gained exponential momentum over the last few months.
9 months ago
- Bucket lists are powerful sales and marketing tools — and applying the concept to “must-see” destinations or activities is a natural fit. But that model is changing; and with the industry’s shift in focus from quantity to quality, it’s time to rethink the travel-focused bucket list.
9 months ago
- No offense, 2020 — but it is high time we put you to bed and look toward the future. After the year we’ve had, we all deserve a little pampering — and so do the makers of these thoughtful, ethically made products …
6 years ago
- At the World Travel & Tourism Council 2015 Global Summit in Madrid today, Sustainable Travel International (STI) unveiled an industry-wide campaign, entitled “10 Million Better,” to monitor and scale up social and environmental benefits from travel and tourism.The 10-year initiative convenes leading tourism corporations, organizations and destinations around the globe with the goal of tracking and demonstrating improvements in the lives of at least 10 million people and their families by 2025. Improvements to be monitored include growth of income and opportunity, and better protection of destinations’ natural, cultural and heritage sites.