Responsible supply chain specialist Sedex Global has announced the expansion of its services with the launch of Data Monitor, a new set of data analysis tools designed to meet the varied sustainability reporting needs of companies across the world.
Sedex Data Monitor was developed in response to companies’ demand for improved reporting tools designed to increase their understanding of supply chain risks and to track their progress in addressing responsible sourcing issues.
Sedex Data Monitor offers companies new ways of analyzing and understanding global supply chain data, through supply chain visualizations and maps, performance benchmarking and trending capabilities. Drawing on broad data sets from across the Sedex system, Data Monitor offers benchmarking capabilities to help companies understand their performance relative to others. Built using an innovative system architecture, the tool is designed to continuously evolve and will scale to capture companies’ future responsible supply chain reporting needs.
Using the Data Monitor Sedex members will be able to:
- Track performance, map progress and identify issues to inform their responsible sourcing strategy.
- Compare themselves against their peers, or see how their suppliers' standards compare against others.
- Identify patterns and correlations in their supply chains, measure impact or find areas which require attention.
- Run complex supply chain reports in milliseconds and see how different aspects of their supply chains perform over time.
- Create graphs, charts and maps to visualize their supply chain data, easily exported for use in CSR reports or presentations.
In May, Sedex partnered with the World Bank Institute to develop a new initiative to address global gaps in the availability and visibility of responsible supply chain data. The Open Supply Chain Platform helps companies better understand their performance, increase sustainability and diversity, and generate shared values along global supply chains. Developed as part of the World Bank Institute’s Open Private Sector Platform, the web-based and user-managed online platform offers comprehensive supply chain information and enables businesses to conduct online assessments on their suppliers and consumers, based on a series of governance and sustainability indicators. Sedex is developing content for the platform, while OpenCorporates is designing system architecture.
Technology such as Sedex’s is helping to clean up supply chains and gradually put an end to modern day slavery pervasive in many parts of the world.