Product Brand Manager – Innovation for Good, Sustainability and Stewardship
Location: Kohler, WI
Would you like to be part of transformative change in how Kohler delivers ‘gracious living’ to new markets and consumers? Would you like to be involved in finding sustainable and innovative business solutions for global water, sanitation, hygiene and power problems? Do you measure success beyond profitability? If so, the Product and Brand Manager – Innovation for Good, Sustainability and Stewardship role is for you.
If you want to be part of a high performing team that is entrepreneurial, autonomous and focused on making a positive social & environmental impact, this role is for you.
The Product and Brand Manager will have two fundamental responsibilities:
- Product management for products emerging from the Innovation for Good business (including products like Clarity water filter) by conducting strategic business planning, product line strategy planning and execution - (60%).
- Brand/marketing management by developing and managing all outward-facing messaging strategies related to Kohler’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts globally - (40%).
Product Management (60%):
- Responsible for the creation, execution, and maintenance of a product strategy to guide development efforts for each product line within the IFG portfolio of social impact products
- Maximize the long-term profitability of Kohler’s IfG portfolio of social impact products through all aspects of product development, procurement, manufacturing, quality, packaging, sales, and distribution
- Develop a pricing strategy that accounts for competition, channel needs, regional differences, landed costs, and value delivered to consumers
- Develop a manufacturing strategy for IfG products that is economically sustainable
- Along with sales, grow the number and geographic reach of distribution serving key markets for IfG products, including existing Kohler distributors whenever possible
- Along with our sales, finance, and leadership teams, develop and maintain realistic sales forecasts, manage product P&L statements for the IfG business, and report regularly on progress against plan
- Provide senior management with information, analysis, and recommendations on the most profitable& impactful strategies to grow the business via annual marketing plan presentations and longer-term business plans
- Identify and coordinate the development and execution of marketing programs, promotions, customer and consumer communications, advertising campaigns, catalogs, brochures, displays, exhibits, and other support material necessary for the successful promotion of products, after launch in the market place.
Marketing and Brand Management (40%):
- Create and execute a marketing strategy to increase awareness of Kohler’s sustainability and stewardship, and IfG programs and impacts with the intent of driving brand preference and attraction and retention of talent
- Develop and implement measurement systems to track progress
- Work closely with Communications to develop a media plan that supports the strategy
- Maintain relationships with outside consultants, NGOs, and business partners to leverage their skills and networks, and stay current with the latest trends and best practices
- Participate in broader sustainability and stewardship strategic planning processes
- Create and publish an annual sustainability and social impact report
- Oversee submittal processes for sustainability transparency disclosures, awards, conferences, and key speaking events
- Work closely with businesses to develop outreach to specifiers and consumers that conveys key sustainability attributes of products
- Coordinate efforts with global marketing and communication teams to ensure consistent sustainability and stewardship messages
- Identify and participate in key conferences, tradeshows; develop messaging strategy for such events
Relationships and Contacts
- Solid line reporting to Sr. Business Development Manager—Innovation for Good
- Dotted line reporting to Director—Sustainability
- Dotted line reporting to Stewardship & Corporate Events Manager
- Frequent communication with Innovation for Good core team and champions globally
- Marketing and communication teams across Kohler businesses globally, sustainability and stewardship management teams, sales, product development, manufacturing, procurement, finance, technical services, codes & standards; regular meetings with senior management
- Customers, distributors, academia, NGOs, consultants, trade groups, grant funders, government & policy makers, and end users of our product and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Management, or related fields
- Master’s degree or MBA is preferred
- 5+ years of product or marketing management experience
- Experience in corporate sustainability or CSR is preferred