[Points of Light]((https://ww2.pointsoflight.org/civic50/about), the world’s largest organization dedicated to volunteer service, honors the 50 most community-minded companies in the United States each year.
The Civic 50 initiative was founded in in 2012 by the National Conference on Citizenship, Points of Light, and Bloomberg LP to provide a national benchmark for corporate citizenship and guide companies towards effective community engagement.
Through True Impact, a tool that measures organizations’ social impact through grants, volunteer projects, and other initiatives, 50 public and private companies are recognized for their efforts in community engagement. Four areas of each company’s corporate citizenship strategies are assessed: investment, integration, institutionalization, and impact.
This year, several Sustainable Brands Corporate Members were recognized for their work in their respective fields:
- AT&T was recognized as the sector leader in Telecommunications with their strategy People, Planet, and Possibilities.
- CVS Health was honored for the second year in a row for providing philanthropic support, corporate grants, and other community investments such as increased volunteer hours.
- Caesars Entertainment received the distinction of sector leader in the Consumer Discretionary field for their PEOPLE PLANET PLAY strategy, combining workplace social equality, environmental initiatives, and volunteer services to truly improve the communities they serve.
- The Hershey Company was also recognized as a superior example of corporate citizenship in the Consumer Discretionary field. The company also recently announced Shared Goodness Promise, a new, SDG-aligned CSR strategy earlier this month.
- IBM Corporation received the honor in Information Technology, with diverse programs encompassing education, workforce development, and disaster preparedness and resilience.
- UPS was awarded in the Industrials category for their focuses on empowering people they work with, enhancing the economy, and assuming environmental responsibility.
A brand guide to driving sustainable consumer behavior change
Download SB's new, free guide to learn how your company can create an advantage in the marketplace through sustainable and innovative solutions that influence consumer behavior. The guide features case studies, a list of other helpful resources, and five actionable steps that brands and marketing teams can take to drive sustainable behavior change at scale.