Many Sustainable Brands Corporate Members have been listed in this year's 2017 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Launched in 1999, the DJSI are a set of indices that track the financial performance of the top sustainability-driven companies worldwide, based on analysis of material economic, environmental and social factors.The World Index includes the largest 2,500 companies in the Dow Jones Global Total Stock Market Index (DJGTSMI) and includes only the top 10% of these companies in terms of economic, environmental, and social criteria.
Corporate members listed in the indices this year include General Motors, Bank of America, 3M, LG Electronics, Campbell, Danone, Hershey, Nestle, Unilever, BASF, Billerud Korsnas, DowDuPont, SAP, Cisco, HP Enterprise, Visa, and UPS.
Presence on the DJSI index highlights the continued accomplishments of our members, which include:
- Campbell Soup Company has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index for the ninth consecutive year and the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the eighth consecutive year.
- It is the sixth consecutive year HPE has been included in the DJSI indices.
- Nestlé is listed as No.1 in the food products category in the 2017 Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- This marks the 18th consecutive year 3M has been recognized for its sustainability efforts both in the U.S. and globally.
- BASF has now been included in the DJSI World for 17 consecutive years.
- The Dow Chemical Company, a subsidiary of DowDuPont, has appeared on the DJSI for 16 years.
- UPS Inc. has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the fifth year and to the North America segment for the 13th straight year.
- AT&T is 1 of only 2 companies - and the only U.S.-based company - in telecommunications to make the 2017 Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI).
- SAP has been named the world’s most sustainable software company in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for the 11th consecutive year.
- Visa outperformed its industry averages in 16 of 21 topic areas on the DJSI North America Index