4 years ago
- It’s a scene that plays out thousands of times a day at Amway’s Paper Products plant on the company’s world headquarters campus.
Simple in its function, there’s almost an artistic quality to it. Flipping arcs of paper drop onto a conveyor belt as the rhythmic sound of a die-cutter creates more for the taking. The trim scrap from Glister packaging is headed to its next destination – a recycling plant.
Such is the short lifecycle for the leftovers created by machines that precisely cut out containers for Amway products inside the Ada, Michigan facility.
All of this effort is part of a clear initiative at Amway, Rick Van Dellen, global sustainability program manager, said.
Amway strives for excellence – even in recycling its waste.
5 years ago
- Russia’s Amway Charity Foundation recently presented the results of its highly popular “Mompreneur” program at the prestigious 2017 St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF).
Over the past two decades, the Forum has transformed into a leading global platform used by business leaders to discuss key economic challenges faced by Russia, emerging markets, and the world.
The theme of the 2017 forum was women’s entrepreneurship. Participants gave insights and solutions for a variety of issues, such as economic rights and opportunities for women, as well showcased best practices aimed to support women’s economic rights and opportunities.
5 years ago
- Amway has been named a 2017 Safer Choice Partner of the Year Award winner by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The award recognizes Amway for its outstanding achievement in the formulation and manufacturing of products with ingredients that are safer for families, workplaces, communities, and the environment.
“Amway is committed to creating high-performing home cleaning products that are safe and environmentally friendly,” said George Calvert, vice president of supply chain and R&D. “This award is testament to the commitment and dedication of our Amway scientists and staff. We are indeed honored by this award from the U.S. EPA and look forward to a long-term partnership with them.”
5 years ago
- On April 6, Amway joined the world in recognizing Global Health Day. Established in 1950 to mark the anniversary of the founding of the United Nations World Health Organization, Global Health Day raises awareness and mobilizes partners to address key global health issues.
The intent of this important day closely aligns with Amway’s Corporate Social Responsibility belief – by using the best of our business and the passion of our people we can solve global challenges and improve individual communities all over the world.
5 years ago
- Amway announced today that the Nutrilite™ Power of 5 Campaign has exceed its 2016 goal of providing nutrition to more than 14,000 malnourished children by distributing more than 5 million servings of Nutrilite™ Little Bits™. By year’s end, the campaign will have served 30,000 children in 15 countries around the globe.
6 years ago
- The American Cleaning Institute (ACI) released the first-ever industry materiality assessment in its 2015 Sustainability Report on Tuesday. Sustainability analytics firm Framework LLC conducted the assessment using data from across the sector’s value chain to map critical risks and opportunities, and found materials, transparency, and greenhouse gases among the top concerns for the $30 billion cleaning products industry.