3 years ago
- Sustainability is at the core of Lime’s mission.
Over the last 16 months, we’ve led an exciting mobility shift towards free-floating scooters and bikes in communities across the U.S. and Europe. The resulting 13+ million trips have underlined a growing demand worldwide for cleaner air, safer infrastructure and more sustainable mobility options.
But rides alone are not enough.
At a time when the transportation industry leads the world in CO2 emissions, we must all do more to support meaningful environmental stewardship.
4 years ago
- News Deeply, in partnership with Sustainable Brands, has produced a series of profiles looking at how brands are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. The goal is to examine trends and gather insights from a new wave of corporate citizenship — in an era when the private sector is increasingly expected to play a positive role in improving our lives and societies. This is the 16th article in the series.
7 years ago
- Dairy farmer Chris Wagner, owner of the Green Dream Farm in Enosburg Falls, Vermont, has a new setup that provides him with low-cost bedding for his herd and reduces the greenhouse gas produced by his cows. Wagner was able to install the technology by partnering with fellow Vermonters NativeEnergy, a carbon-offset and project-development company, and Ben & Jerry’s, the iconic ice cream maker.Wagner’s new equipment processes his cow manure and then composts it. The resulting product is sanitary and makes excellent bedding for his milking herd. As a result, Wagner will no longer have to purchase wood shavings and will see significant savings in the cost of bedding.
8 years ago
- For three years NativeEnergy has been the official carbon offset and renewable energy sponsor of Sustainable Brands events. NativeEnergy has donated a portfolio of offsets, including its signature Help Build™ project offsets to balance the greenhouse gas emissions from the conference venue's natural gas use, and hotel natural gas use. In the report, read the full story of the Ghana Clean Water Project, a Help Build™ project that is installing 1,700 Hydraid™ Bio-Sand Water Filters in households in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. We'd like to thank NativeEnergy for their ongoing efforts throughout the years in helping us reach carbon neutrality at all of our live events.
8 years ago
- Climate Change journal focuses special issue on Indigenous peoples as they cope with consequences of climate change
BURLINGTON, VT – NativeEnergy, Inc. – Climate change. Two words with deeply varying meaning depending on who you are. Depending on where you live. Depending on the degree to which dramatic changes in weather affect your life. These two words bring with them complex and overwhelming challenges to Indigenous peoples. For some, it means the physical moving of entire communities, the loss of sacred religious sites, the disruption of plants and animals critical for subsistence. Climate change. Two words that mean an end to a people’s way of life.
8 years ago
- 80,000 tonnes of carbon credits add clean energy to the grid
August 29, 2013 – Burlington, VT – NativeEnergy, a Vermont-based carbon offset project developer and supplier, announced a seventh community wind energy project in the country’s heartland. Corporate Sustainability leaders are seizing the opportunity to meet environmental goals by purchasing Help Build™ carbon offsets from the Middletown, Indiana school wind project.