5 years ago
- Given the packed room for Wednesday afternoon’s panel discussing carbon offsetting, it’s evident that as organizations become increasingly aware of their environmental risks, carbon management has become a critical tool.
6 years ago
- As the final chapter of the environmental sustainability story for the 34th America’s Cup, held in San Francisco in September 2013, Offsetters Climate Solutions is pleased to announce that $6,250 is being donated from the America’s Cup Sustainability Program to the San Francisco Bay Creosote Piling Removal and Pacific Herring Restoration Project.
6 years ago
- Another Tuesday afternoon panel brought together a diverse team of industry figures who shared insights surrounding problems of deforestation and the measures that have been taken to halt the process in a region of British Columbia.The Great Bear Rainforest is the name coined by environmental groups in the mid-1990s to refer to approximately 12,000 sq miles of temperate rainforest in a remote region of Canada, on the British Columbia Coast. The area is particularly noted for its outstanding native forestry of Red Cedar, and also its diverse wildlife, including bears, wolves and whales.
6 years ago
- What: The Great Bear Forest Carbon Project – one of the largest carbon management projects in the world and is helping to protect more than 6 million hectares of land on British Columbia’s coast – will be the focal point for Offsetters Climate Solutions as they present at Sustainable Brands: London. The conference is attended by brand leaders from corporations like 3M, H&M, Coca-Cola, Adidas, and Target.
7 years ago
- April 9, 2014, Vancouver, BC – Offsetters Climate Solutions, North America’s leading carbon management solutions provider, is pleased to announce that they are partnering with Sustainable Brands to sponsor the Sustainable Brands 2014 San Diego conference. This event is an intersection for sustainability, brand and innovation professionals who come from around the world to be inspired, engaged, and equipped to succeed. As a result of their sponsorship, Offsetters will be helping to reduce the carbon impact of more than 2,800 delegates attending the June 2 - 5, 2014 conference, ensuring that SB’14 San Diego will become a carbon neutral event.
7 years ago
- VANCOUVER, Feb. 26, 2014 /CNW/ - CDP, an international, not-for-profit organization providing the only global system for companies and cities to measure, disclose, manage and share vital environmental information, has signed on Offsetters as a CDP Accredited Consultancy Partner.Currently the only Canadian consultancy partner of the CDP, Offsetters can now provide its clients added value through CDP's international measurement and guidance. CDP consultancy partners demonstrate a commitment to working with CDP to encourage high-quality disclosure of climate change-related data from global corporations.
8 years ago
- The Dow Chemical Company has been selected to help the Olympic Organizing Committee reduce the carbon footprint of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, according to a recent announcement.The company says it will work with local companies and partners to mitigate the direct carbon footprint associated with Sochi 2014 through energy-efficient technologies and improved greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions performance in three key areas; upgrading building infrastructure, optimizing farming practices and enhancing industrial processes.