OAKLAND, Calif., Oct. 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Clorox Company has published its 2021 fiscal year annual report, emphasizing its new purpose to champion people to be well and thrive every single day as the true north of the company's financial and environmental, social and governance goals.
The report highlights the company's actions and progress within the key themes of Purpose and Values, Growing Investments, Healthy Lives, Clean World and Thriving Communities. The report also demonstrates how Clorox puts people at the center, bringing to life the stories behind the company's internal and external stakeholders. Closing out the second year of its IGNITE strategy, the company reported its fiscal year financial results and recent strategic progress, including the following:
- 9% sales growth (17% sales growth on a two-year stack basis)
- Doubled innovation investment, introducing more than 250 new products
- Doubled e-commerce business over the past two years to represent about 13% of sales
- Best-in-class employee engagement of 87% versus 75th percentile benchmark of 84% for consumer goods companies and 85% for Fortune 500 benchmark
- Best safety record in modern history with a 0.26 recordable incident rate, significantly better than the 3.3 average RIR for goods-producing companies
- Board of directors comprising 42% women and 38% people of color and an executive team comprising 50% women
- 76% of packaging recyclable, reusable or compostable
- Approved science-based targets and net zero commitment across scopes 1, 2 and 3
- Nearly $20 million in product donations, company and foundation cash grants, and cause marketing Read our full press release for more details.