The Dow Chemical Company has joined the Catalyst CEO Champions For Change – a transformational diversity and inclusion initiative launched by Catalyst, a global thought leader and partner in accelerating the progress of women at work for more than 50 years.
“At Dow we’re honored to be a Catalyst CEO Champions of Change Company. As we build and evolve for the future we must reflect the world we compete in today and will compete in tomorrow,” said Jim Fitterling, chief executive officer-elect for Dow and chief operating officer, DowDuPont Materials Science Division. “It is critical we create an inclusive and diverse environment where all people can bring 100 percent of themselves to work all the time.”
“Our workforce must reflect the diversity of our customers and our communities but diversity alone is not enough,” said Andrew N. Liveris, chairman and CEO of Dow and director and former executive chairman, DowDuPont. “We must drive a culture where fresh ideas are considered a competitive advantage, not a risk to one’s career and build an environment where every employee has the ability to bring their true selves to work.”
Dow joins more than 50 other leading global companies that are committing to drive change, specifically pledging to:
- Accelerate progress in the representation of women, including women of color, in executive/senior level positions over five years;
- Maintain (where strong) or accelerate the representation of women, including women of color, on the Company’s Board of Directors (or equivalent) over five years;
- Strengthen the talent pipeline of women through an annual review of internal diagnostics and leverage leading practices to address any identified issues;
- Benchmark and track inclusion and improve the culture of inclusion within the organization; and
- Share key representation metrics with Catalyst for benchmarking and for anonymized reporting of Catalyst’s collective aggregate progress. Read the full Catalyst CEO Champions For Change pledge and find out more about joining the movement at www.catalyst.org/Champions.