KNOXVILLE, Tenn., June 4, 2013 – Today Shelton Group, the nation’s leading marketing communications firm entirely focused in the sustainability and energy efficiency sectors, launched a new online periodical, Shelton Insights, centered on sustainability marketing.
“We’ve built our reputation in large part through our proprietary consumer research studies. Our Pulse studies are the leading source of current and trending data on consumers’ attitudes and perceptions about energy and environmental issues,” said Suzanne Shelton, founder and CEO of Shelton Group. “We’re not creating another news site, though. Shelton Insights is based on the insights we extract from our research and has a clear focus on marketing and communications as it relates to sustainability and energy efficiency. With the launch, all of Shelton Group’s content offerings – Inner Circle, Pulse studies, white papers, sector
reports and webinars – will now be offered via the new website, SheltonInsights.com.
“With Shelton Insights, we are providing research-based, original content that’s fresh and engaging,” said Lee Ann Head, Shelton Group’s vice president of research. “Our content will apply to a variety of industry sectors and offer insights into how to define and leverage sustainability, energy efficiency and CSR commitments in any industry.”
As a comprehensive, premium content website, Shelton Insights will include the following:
• Daily Insights – quick reads that link emerging issues with Shelton research and tips on what you can do to gain a market edge
• Features – longer articles that span a wide variety of sustainability, energy efficiency and CSR marketing topics, like Shelton Pulse insights and Q&A’s
• The Weekly Advantage – a weekly newsletter containing a variety of content related to sustainability and energy efficiency marketing
• The Weekend Reader – a weekly wrap-up and interpretation of the week’s sustainability marketing news items from a variety of sources
• Deep Dives – regular, in-depth analyses of particular sustainability marketing topics
• Quarterly Webinars – live webinars delivered by one of Shelton’s thought leaders, with an accompanying PDF of the presentation and recording of the narrative
• Annual Recap – a thorough look back at the year in sustainability and energy efficiency marketing
• Annual Forecast – a prediction for how the sustainability and energy efficiency marketing landscape will look in the coming year
• Discounted Pulse studies – Shelton Insights members will receive 20 percent off Pulse studies
“The biggest benefit to our readers is that we are not only sharing our research and insights, but we’re aggregating and curating content and delivering it to our subscribers on a regular basis,” said Brooks Clark, the managing editor of Shelton Insights. “In other words, we do the heavy lifting for our subscribers by scouring the web for relevant news and information, determining what’s most salient, and packaging it with some expert contextual analysis. Shelton Insights will help sustainability and energy efficiency marketing managers stay ahead of the curve, and as the site evolves, we will look to add new types of content, such
as talk-show format video interviews, podcasts and more.”
Clark, along with Suzanne Shelton and Head, guides Shelton Insights’ content development, which is designed to appeal to leaders of sustainability and social responsibility at corporations, marketing managers for energy efficient or green products manufacturers, and marketers at utilities, and the companies that market to them. It will also appeal to architects and facilities managers who are focused on green building as well as sustainability marketing consultants and individuals working at NGOs and in
“Shelton Insights will appeal to an extended audience within many of the same companies,” said Clark. “Some examples include industrial designers – particularly product and packaging designers – consumer insights professionals, and buyers or purchasing managers at retailers who have a strong focus on green products or sustainable product requirements.”
Visitors to the site can also connect their Shelton Insights account to their social profiles for LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook and can share articles via social networks.
“We hope to establish a community on the site so we can gather input on which topics we should cover,” said Clark. “Through Shelton Insights, we want to enable users to engage with the content, with our staff, and spark discussions within the sustainability community.”
For more information about Shelton Insights, visit www.sheltoninsights.com.
ABOUT SHELTON GROUP
Shelton Group is the nation’s leading marketing communications agency entirely focused in the energy efficiency and sustainability space. The Knoxville, Tennessee-based firm works with many of America's leading utilities, building products and consumer goods companies to develop differentiated communications campaigns to leverage their sustainability stories for a market advantage. That platform and campaign work is informed by insights and perspectives extracted from Shelton's quarterly polling of American attitudes and behaviors about energy efficiency and sustainability. For more information about Shelton Group, visit www.sheltongrp.com.