SAN FRANCISCO, September 26, 2016 – Sustainable Brands® pan-European conference SB’16 Copenhagen begins today at the Radisson Blu Scandinavian Hotel in Copenhagen. Nearly 450 business executives across diverse industry sectors and from 20+ countries are convening today to collaborate on how companies are developing real tools, techniques, methods and models for embedding purpose into the core of a brand and finding business success.
Over 100 influential brand leaders and practitioners of environmental and social innovation are sharing disruptive business models, nascent technologies and compelling research designed to amplify purpose-driven leadership. Several companies making announcements or launching news from the conference include:
- John Elkington (Volans) leads the European launch of the new Breakthrough Innovation Platform, a strategic partnership between Volans and the UN Global Compact. The Platform showcases disruptive technologies for sustainability and spotlights positive systemic change.
- Chamber of Danish Commerce Environmental Director Jakob Zeuthen and sustainable communications expert Lars Ludvigsen hosts a first look at the results of an in-depth new research project studying labeling and certification models impacting Danish brandsin 5 product areas: personal care, food, clothes, homes and offices.
- Edelman EU unveils new purpose-centric data that builds on its influential 2016 Earned Brand study for marketers analyzing and measuring the strength of consumer-brand relationships. This first-of-its-kind index reveals untapped opportunity for brands to build stronger consumer relationships that can lead to increased sales and protect against challenger disruption.
- GlobeScan, SustainAbility and Sustainable Brands present results of new joint research projects surveying the ‘landscape of purpose’ in terms of both consumer preferences and business leaders’ perceptions of achievement and gaps in sustainability actions by the private sector, NGOs and governments.
- Futerra and Cranfield School of Management launches the results of a joint new research project known as The Sleepless Survey, revealing the most pressing challenges and compelling visions for business leaders and other bright minds.
The event kicked-off Sunday evening with a welcome reception at Copenhagen City Hall. Networking and collaboration activities continue in the Activation Hub at SB’16 Copenhagen where attendees are gathering to cultivate conversation and debate around a series of topics that mirror topmost initiatives in the full conference program. Select companies participating in the Activation Hub include:
- Novozymes invites attendees to explore the age of biology and discover how enzymes work to make everyday life more sustainable. They share their UN Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) around Zero Hunger, Affordable & Clean Energy, Climate Action, and Partnership for the Goals.
- DONG Energy embraces Virtual Reality and invites attendees to discover the world from the top of an offshore wind turbine. They share their UNSDGs around Affordable & Clean Energy and Climate Action.
- Envirofit shares how carbon offset can simultaneously improve livelihoods, health, and create jobs. They share their UNSDGs around No Poverty, Zero Hunger, Good Health & Well-being, Quality Education, Gender Equality, Affordable & Clean Energy, Decent Work & Economic Growth, Sustainable Cities & Communities, Climate Action, and Life on Land.
- Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group discusses how Carlson Rezidor is changing the green meeting space and invites attendees to plant a seed to support SB’16 Copenhagen’s goal of becoming a carbon neutral event. They share their UNSDGs around Quality Education, Gender Equality, Clean Water & Sanitation, Decent Work & Economic Growth, and Responsible Consumption & Production.
Sustainable Brands is proud to recognize Novozymes as Platinum sponsor for SB’16 Copenhagen. Silver level sponsors include: thinkstep, BASF, DONG Energy, Thailand Sustainable Development Foundation, Edelman and Quantis. Additional sponsors and partners include: Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, FLOCERT, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Radley Yeldar, WeSustain, Stora Enso, Envirofit, flag communications, Guardian Sustainable Business, Blue Practice, 3BL Media, CSRWire, SustainAbility, Refresh Agency, Sprout, GreenBlue, CDP, among others. Nature Bank is the official carbon offset partner and South Pole Group is the official renewable energy partner.
The Do's and Don'ts of social impact brand campaigns
Hear exemplary case studies of fostering meaningful social connections through targeted brand campaigns at SB'19 Detroit, June 3-6.
Further information, including a complete list of speakers and sponsors, as well as the full conference schedule for the September 26-28 event at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark, can be found at www.SB16copenhagen.com. Tickets are still available and can be purchased onsite at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel in Copenhagen.