SAN FRANCISCO, October 16, 2013 – Sustainable Brands® recently announced program details for its pan-European conference to be held at the Lancaster London, November 18-19th. The conference will bring together over 500 senior-level brand marketing strategists, product designers, business model innovators and sustainability executives to collaborate and explore how environmental and social innovation is becoming an engine for business growth and brand value.
Over 60 global thought leaders and practitioners will lead interactive discussion groups, breakout sessions, plenary presentations, brand innovation labs and networking activities. Every session is specifically designed to allow forward-thinking executives the opportunity to explore the implications of sustainability innovation in the context of creating, measuring and communicating brand value.
Distinguished faculty and highlights include:
- Daniel Vennard, Global Sustainability Director at MARS, Bella Vuillermoz, Director at BSkyB, and Anna Adriani, Global PR Director & Chief Sustainability Officer at Illycaffé, on how to understand and influence customer preference, trust and purchasing behavior.
- Jim Hanna, Director, Environmental Impact at Starbucks Coffee Company, Becky Coffin, Head of Strategy and Performance: Net Positive at Kingfisher, and Graham Seabrook, Global Services and Business Transformation at BT, on how to make the business case for investment in sustainability initiatives and innovation, both internally and externally.
- Marie-Claire Daveu, Chief Sustainability Officer & Head of International Institutional Affairs at Kering, parent company of PUMA, Gucci, and multiple other brands, in a keynote interview with global sustainability guru John Elkington, Founding Partner & Executive Chairman of Volans, on multiple aspects of creating, measuring and communicating brand and financial value in the context of sustainability-driven innovation, including the future of ROI and implications for the C-Suite.
- Etienne McManus-White, Chief Marketing Officer at Forest Stewardship Council US (FSC), Denise Turner, Head of Intelligence at Havas Media Group, and Matthew Yeomans, Director at Custom Communication, sharing insights from the latest qualitative and quantitative research studies aimed at understanding consumer attitudes and behavior.
- Gemma Dodd, Head of Digital at SalterBaxter, Justine Stokes, Strategy Director at Purpose, Erinch Sahan, Advisor at Oxfam, and Lucy Shea, CEO of Futerra, on social media, interactive design, storytelling and other trends in corporate communications.
- Saori Dubourg, President of Nutrition & Health at BASF, Jacobine Das Gupta, Program Manager at DSM, and Alexis Olans, Senior Manager, Sustainability at adidas, all addressing new means of product and business model innovation.
“We are pleased to be gathering this remarkably diverse set of change agents from distinguished brands and global organizations,” states KoAnn Vikoren Skrzyniarz, founder of Sustainable Brands. “The 21st century economy will reward brands that leverage innovative thinking and capture transformational ideas that lead to both economic resilience and a healthier society and planet. Every session and activity at SB London will demonstrate how embedding sustainability into the core of a brand’s value proposition can lead to enhanced business and brand value AND contribute to our flourishing future. We are proud to be showcasing these forward-thinking Sustainable Brands community members at SB London this year.”
Located at the Lancaster London in the UK, this premier gathering of business leaders is supported by Platinum sponsors BASF and Guardian Sustainable Business. Gold sponsors include: MARS, L’Oréal, Solazyme and Dragon Rouge. Further information, including a complete list of speakers and sponsors for the conference taking place on November 18-19th at the Lancaster London, can be found at www.SustainableBrandsLondon.com. Registration is open and space is limited. Opportunities are still available for sustainable product and service providers to showcase their offerings on the exhibit floor. Contact Jonathan Reese at [email protected] to discuss available options.
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands® is the premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, our mission has been to inspire, engage and equip today’s business and brand leaders to prosper for the near and long term by leading the way to a better future. Digitally published news articles and issues-focused conversation topics, internationally known conferences and regional events, a robust e-learning library and peer-to-peer membership groups all facilitate community learning and engagement throughout the year. Sustainable Brands is a division of Sustainable Life Media, headquartered in San Francisco, CA.