Beautycounter is the leader in the safer skin care and cleaner cosmetics category. The Santa Monica, CA based brand drives a national movement for improved transparency and accountability in the beauty industry, including advocacy efforts to update federal regulations that have stood largely unchanged since 1938. The company delivers on its mission ‘to get safer products into the hands of everyone' by educating families on how best to avoid harmful ingredients, responsibly sourcing safer and sustainable high-performing products, and advocating for more health protective laws for #betterbeauty.
Beautycounter is tagged in 8 stories.
1 month ago
- SB’19 Detroit was off to an engaging start this week, with powerhouses including
Allbirds, Cisco, Eileen Fisher and Timberland comparing notes with rising craft
brands and even Little Miss Flint on the most effective ways to continue to
drive change toward a healthy, sustainable future.
1 month ago
- At Beautycounter, we believe beauty should be good for you, and the ingredients we choose to use in our products back up this belief—they are clean, safe, and never harmful to your body. However, we do occasionally get asked: “Does it really matter?”
8 months ago
- Early marketing for products promising sustainability was all about what they “weren’t.” Tofurky wasn’t meat. Soy milk wasn’t dairy. Solar wasn’t coal.
Positioning against the negative helped companies attract consumers who were revolting against the polluting impacts of standard manufacturing practices and products. But doing so ignored what potential customers still wanted, whether a product was sustainable or not: delicious taste, high performance, reliable quality and comfort, and overall satisfaction.
Consider the ominous ads for the first Prius, which started running in 2001. The only virtue they extolled was fuel efficiency, and portrayed oil drills as monsters.
9 months ago
- From competitor and public policies to non-profit and investor pressures, there is more demand than ever to advance safer chemicals programs at your company. One proven way to help get on the right course is through benchmarking.
Benchmarking does not need to be a daunting task. In fact, there are tools available to help companies evaluate and compare their safer chemicals performance to standardized criteria. This process can help foster safer chemicals management by driving program changes based on industry best practices and successful management techniques.
10 months ago
- Signatories of the Chemical Footprint Project — companies across a range of industries with $2.78 trillion in assets under management and over $700 billion in purchasing power — are asking their stakeholders: Where are you on your chemicals management journey? Are you participating in the CFP Survey? What are your CFP Survey answers?
“Leadership in chemical and material health is participating in the CFP Survey,” highlighted Dr. Mark S. Rossi, Executive Director of Clean Production Action and co-founder of CFP.