96% of US consumers say they at least sometimes try to behave in ways that protect the planet, its people, and its resources. Yet, reaching our collective sustainability ambition requires massive consumer change. This means new products, new services, new marketing, and new behaviors for all. Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs) are well positioned to drive this customer-centric change – to take sustainability beyond the niche and turn it into a growth strategy in collaboration with cross functional stakeholders, to drive Mainstream Green.
The Future is Mainstream Green: Introducing a New Growth Strategy is an action plan that focuses on putting customers at the center of a three-step strategy to make sustainability a driver for growth. It is produced by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and the CMO Sustainability Accelerator, a coalition composed of the Association of National Advertisers, Adweek and Sustainable Brands.
Join us to learn how marketers can help close the intent-to-action gap by motivating customers to move beyond expressing concern for sustainability to adopting sustainable behaviors and utilizing sustainable goods/services.
What You will Learn
- Why this problem is so prevalent today and the critical role marketers can play with their broader stakeholders to collaboratively tackle the challenges toward good growth
- Ways marketers can contribute to removing real and perceived sustainability barriers amongst consumers
- Why putting the customer at the center of the innovation process is pivotal to success
- Insights on the behaviors that matter (closing the intention-action gap)
- The importance of getting the fundamentals right