Eastman is proud to announce that it received the 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award for continually advancing leadership in energy management throughout the company and associated communities. This marks Eastman’s seventh ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award and fifth Sustained Excellence recognition. Eastman’s accomplishments will be recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy at a ceremony in Washington, D.C. on April 20, 2018.
“I’m incredibly proud of the Eastman team and their continued focus on sustainability as the company portfolio evolves,” said Mark J. Costa, Eastman’s Chairman and CEO. “To be a seven-time ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award recipient is a reflection of conscious decisions and hard work by many people around the world every day.”
“The world is facing enormous complexity and challenges. We recognize that today’s performance isn’t sufficient for tomorrow’s demands and today’s resources won’t sustain us into the future if we don’t do something differently now,” said David A. Golden, Senior Vice President, Chief Legal & Sustainability Officer, and Corporate Secretary. “To be recognized once again as a Partner of the Year reaffirms Eastman’s commitment to create significantly more value than the resources we use.”
The 2018 Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Awards are bestowed upon companies and organizations demonstrating continued leadership in energy efficiency and commitment to the ENERGY STAR program. Winners hail from small, family-owned businesses to Fortune 500 organizations – representing energy-efficient products, services, new homes, and buildings in the commercial, industrial, and public sectors.
Key accomplishments that led to Eastman’s recognition this year include:
- Managing energy for a one percent intensity improvement over 2016 and a 10.8 percent reduction since 2008.
- Budgeting over $10 million and initiating more than 125 energy savings projects focused on steam and electrical systems optimization, process modification, upgraded equipment and improved lighting.
- Solving the challenge of identifying energy projects and promoting them for funding by producing an easily accessible online energy project savings calculator which automatically captures the project in an energy project database for consideration of funding.
- Encouraging employee engagement in energy initiatives by participating in improvement drives such as promoting ENERGY STAR’s Light the Moment campaign and creating an animated video on selecting light bulbs for Energy Awareness Month.
- Informing employees, schools and the public about saving energy, protecting the environment and ENERGY STAR through an innovative campaign, “Energy efficiency. It’s only natural.” For a complete list of 2018 winners and more information about ENERGY STAR’s awards program, visit energystar.gov/awardwinners.