SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., October 17, 2012– Sustainable Brands recently announced complete programme details for its first pan-European conference to be held in London, November 27-28. The conference will bring together 400 senior-level brand marketing strategists, product designers, business model innovators and sustainability executives to collaborate and explore how environmental and social innovation is becoming an engine for business growth and brand value.
Over 60 of the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners of environmental and social innovation will lead interactive discussions, breakout sessions, plenary presentations, brand innovation labs and networking activities. Every session and activity is designed to demonstrate how embedding sustainability into the core of a brand’s value proposition can lead to both economic resilience and a healthier society and planet.
Market trends and drivers, as well as a vast array of successful case studies, set the tone for plenary sessions each morning and will include thought-provoking contributors such as:
- Paul Gilding, Global Sustainability Thought Leader speaking on the New Economics of Happiness and unpacking the opportunity for radical business innovation and renewed brand success
- Marc Mathieu, Global SVP of Marketing, Unilever on how to authentically embed sustainability into your brand promise – and build share in the process
- A research panel led by Tom LaForge, Global Director, Human & Cultural Insights, Coca-Cola focused on closing the gap between consumer preference and purchasing behaviours; professionals from National Geographic, BBMG, GfK Group and the Sustainable Consumption Institute join the discussion
- Benita Matofska, Chief Sharer, The People Who Share on the advent of the sharing economy and what it means for today’s brands
- Alex Cole, Director of Corporate Affairs, Sainsbury’s on how to give true credence to a brand position statement such as “Our values makes us different”
- Michael Wilde, Communications & Sustainability Manager, Eosta – Nature & More on the benefits of a shift towards stakeholder engagement led by radical transparency and traceability
The conference provides sustainability, brand and design professionals with the tools needed to design, execute and sell innovative new business models. Facilitated break-out sessions each afternoon provide best-practice case studies, group discussions and skills training sessions on topics pertinent to retailers, the supply chain, communications, and product design. Some of the distinguished faculty leading these sessions includes:
- Nick Kelso, Senior Communications Manager at Philips Lighting Africa, Sue Allchurch, Global Brand VP Lipton at Unilever, Matt Sexton, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility at B&Q and Tamara Giltsoff, Business Development and Innovation Thought Leader on driving disruptive breakthrough innovation within large global corporations in support of evolving brand promises
- Rob Cameron, Executive Director at SustainAbility, Nestor Coronado Palma, Director of Sustainability at Philips Consumer Lifestyle, Alex Cole, Corporate Affairs Director at Sainsbury’s and Bill Eyres, Head of Sustainability at O2 on the role of eco-labeling and certification in sustainable brand success
- Nick Folland, Group Corporate Affairs Director at Kingfisher, Lori Zoppel, Global Director of Marketing, Unilever Brand at Unilever, Sandi Northey, Marketing & Consumer Communication at Nestlé and Thomas Kolster, Founder and Creative Director at Goodvertising Agency and WhereGoodGrows sharing ways to drive sustainable brand value through corporate vs. product brand messaging
- Alexis Olans, Senior Global Program Manager at adidas, Tobias Fischer, CSR Project & Relations Manager at H&M and Sally Uren, Deputy Chief Executive at Forum for the Future on the cultural differences in effectively driving sustainable innovation
- Interactive Brand Innovation Labs hosted by Futerra and OgilvyEarth sharing up-to-date research insights and leading co-creative solutions to address unsustainable mainstream consumer behaviours and turn them around
Adding pieces to the ‘total impact’ puzzle ...
Join us as representatives from Dow, GM, HPE and more discuss the effects of new or newly reported types of impact — including quantifying the benefits of circularity initiatives and contributions to SDGs — on companies’ sustainability agendas, November 19 at New Metrics '19.
“There is growing attention being paid to environmental and social sustainability as a prime innovation platform for the 21st century, and, brands around the world are beginning to take up the challenge to compete by delivering better total value to each of its stakeholders. We are pleased to highlight for our global audience dozens of great examples of leadership being demonstrated in Europe at SB London,” states KoAnn Skrzyniarz, Founder of Sustainable Brands. “By helping to amplify great work going on around the globe, we hope to continue to serve our mission to help shift the world to a sustainable economy by helping more brands benefit by leading the way to a flourishing future.”
Hosted at the Mermaid Conference & Events Centre, this conference is made possible due to support from presenting sponsor Unilever, as well as from BASF, Dragon Rouge, Aimia, OgilvyEarth and other sponsoring companies. Early rates expire on October 22, 2012. For further information on the conference programme, a complete list of confirmed speakers or sponsorship requests, please visit the conference website at www.SBLondon.co.
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands is the global learning, collaboration, and commerce community committed to replenishing the world through better brands. Sustainable Brands offers news and views from thought and practice leaders both online and at live events, a robust resource library and peer-to-peer learning groups. In addition, there are a variety of opportunities for solutions providers to share their solutions with the global community of brand innovators seeking to deliver the better brands of the future. Sustainable Brands inspires, engages and equips today's business and brand leaders to grow revenues and enhance brand value, reputation and loyalty, while helping create a healthy and sustainable future for all. Sustainable Brands is produced and supported by Sustainable Life Media, located in San Francisco CA.