4 days ago
- A dramatic shift in diversity is only possible if the most exposed, vulnerable and or marginalised groups contribute to decision-making around narratives, ideas and solutions. Can you name any brands that are championing race within their purpose work and doing it well?
1 month ago
- If Oatly had taken Blackstone’s money, put it on a billboard, and made it known to all of its customers that its next mission was to change the world of ‘big bad investment’ from the inside out, it would’ve remained true to its brand story.
9 months ago
- As retail sales reportedly fell for the first time in 25 years, with particularly weak holiday sales, new research reveals that a new conscientiousness may be a central cause — with sustainability-concerned consumers buying less.
10 months ago
- Ben Hayman — Managing Partner at Given London — predicts the biggest brand purpose trends in the year ahead. For brands getting it right in 2020, purpose will be viewed as a comprehensive and systemic approach to change, rather than simply a marketing platform.
1 year ago
- Not only did Anglian Water’s ‘Smarter Drop’ project deliver impressive reduction in water consumption amongst consumers, it created impressive gains in brand loyalty and trust for the UK utility.
1 year ago
- The news last week that the Christmas advert from Iceland — a UK supermarket chain specializing in frozen food — has been banned is a bad decision.
Iceland’s advert — a repackaging of a short, animated film by Greenpeace released earlier this year with a powerful, consumer-friendly sustainability message — shows a brand that is trying to do good work by improving its impact on the world.
2 years ago
- We’re increasingly living in a world of purpose-led brands, as growing numbers of consumers are more interested than ever in the “big world” issues related to the products they buy, and how they use them. And yet, when it comes to the sustainability sector, we still struggle to apply some of the most basic communications principles to the issues we are trying to solve.