Registration is now open for SB'23 San Diego!

The Next Economy
Reformation Partners with Community Recycling to Ignite Fashion Reuse Movement

As only 15 percent of clothes, shoes and accessories are recycled each year — with the remaining 85 percent, 10.5 million tons, ending up in landfills — more and more apparel brands (including H&M, The North Face, American Eagle Outfitters, and most recently, Levi-Strauss) are taking initiative to collect and recycle textiles. And starting today, Los Angeles-based eco-fashion brand Reformation joins their ranks, through a partnership with Community Recycling.

Reformation and Community Recycling are inspiring consumers to recycle for reuse through Community Recycling’s new online program, CR Home, which has been tailored specifically for Reformation customers.

The program, called RefRecycling, allows recyclers to pack their gently used clothes, shoes and accessories in a box, and leave the package for pick-up by their mail carrier — free of charge. Recyclers can then track their items online to see where their clothes, shoes, and accessories find their next home, and share their personal environmental impact with their social networks.

"We're always trying to think of new ways of becoming a more sustainable company, and with RefRecyling we can also help our customers be more sustainable,” said Reformation founder Yael Aflalo. “Making sure that the clothes they buy are made sustainably is obviously a priority. But it's also important to help them with garment care and what to do with their old clothes when they're over them, and to make that as easy as it possibly can be. Luckily we found CR, who's the perfect partner for this project."

“We’re thrilled to partner with Reformation, a forward-thinking brand that champions sustainability and offers its customers the chance to lessen their footprint while looking great,” said Ira Baseman, president and founder of Community Recycling. “By offering CR Home online, Reformation will help us advance the personal connections that are made through reuse as well as the economic value, social good and environmental impact.”


More Stories

Featured Brand Voices

Have Sustainable Brands delivered right to your inbox.
We offer free, twice weekly newsletters designed to help you create and maintain your company's competitive edge by adopting smarter, more sustainable business strategies and practices.
Copyright ©2007-2023 Sustainable Life Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Sustainable Brands® is a registered trademark of Sustainable Life Media, Inc.