EcoAct, Novo Nordisk, B Lab and others sharing new research and performance metrics, Oct 29-31 in Philadelphia
SAN FRANCISCO, October 24, 2018 – Members of the Sustainable Brands® community will gather next week for the 8th annual New Metrics conference, taking place October 29-31 at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel in Philadelphia, PA. More than 300 executives and global thought-leaders will reveal new methodologies, toolkits and case studies for demonstrating the ROI of Sustainable Business.
Compelling new initiatives presented at New Metrics ‘18 will include:
- The newly formed Social & Human Capital Coalition will reveal their plans to establish consistent, widely-available measurement approaches for social and human capital
- William Theisen, CEO of EcoAct, will discuss new research on the reporting performance of the Dow Jones 30
- Bob Willard of Sustainability Advantage will review three new tools from his Sustainability ROI Workbook
- Arthur Woods, CEO of Imperative, will dive into the results of a new study on employeepurpose and fulfillment, suggesting a new way to look at and measure employee engagement
- Rubicon Global will announce the winner of their Waste Fit Championship onsite at their Tuesday night reception
- Valutus and partners will introduce a new approach to materiality assessment
- B Lab will provide an overview of its new guide for public companies and large multinationals seeking to become a B corp
- Caesars Entertainment Corp. will divulge new data linking customer loyalty and spend with sustainability, further proving the positive ROI of sustainability.
- TruCost will review the first S&P Dow Jones index series to incorporate future carbon price risks
- Futerra will present the newly-launched #GoodLifeGoals, a set of easily understood and accessible personal actions that everyone can take to support the SDGs
- Gil Friend of Natural Logic Inc. will introduce the vision and foundation for a collaborative new project on accurate resource pricing, Getting The Prices Right
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) will discuss its new initiatives around engaging and training CPAs around the role of accountants in sustainability reporting and assurance
- Cornis van der Lugt, Lead Author of the Reporting 3.0 Accounting Blueprint, will introduce a new vision for the Statement of Future Value, providing an early look into what might become an important part of the future of accounting
- Harvard SHINE will share highlights from its recent summit on Why Well-being Matters: Meaning and Metrics for 21st Century Business Leaders
“We are thrilled to host so many promising new or recently-launched New Metrics tools, initiatives and case studies in this year’s program -- serving as strong evidence for the growing importance of this field.” states Dimitar Vlahov, Director of Content at Sustainable Brands. “A big chunk of the economy doesn’t yet recognize the adoption of New Metrics as critical, yet those brands that are strategizing around and effectively managing all six vital capitals, instead of just financial capital, are already reaping the rewards and future-proofing themselves effectively in a volatile and uncertain world.”
Proud supporters of New Metrics ’18 include Rubicon Global and EcoAct as Premier Sponsors; Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Innate Motion, and NRG as Major Sponsors; and Flex, Numi Organic Tea, Metrio, United By Blue, BASF, EcoVadis, Greengate Power, and Trucost, part of S&P Dow Jones Indices, as Supporting Sponsors. Partner organizations include AICPA, CDP, Ceres, G&A Institute, Navigant Research, SustainAbility, UN Global Compact, and Wharton IGEL. TerraCycle is the official waste diversion partner, BEF is the official water offset partner, and South Pole is the official carbon offset partner. For a complete list of sponsors and speakers as well as the conference schedule, please visit the conference website at www.NewMetrics18.com. Registration is still open and tickets can be purchased onsite at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel.
CDP demystifies science-based target-setting
Join us to hear from CDP on setting science-based goals relating to everything from carbon and water to forests, at New Metrics '19 — November 18-20.
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands® is the premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, our mission has been to inspire, engage and equip today’s business and brand leaders to prosper for the near and long term by leading the way to a better future. Digitally published news articles and issues-focused conversation topics, internationally known conferences and regional events, a robust e-learning library and peer-to-peer membership groups all facilitate community learning and engagement throughout the year. Sustainable Brands is a division of Sustainable Life Media headquartered in San Francisco, CA.