Speakers from Danone, Seventh Generation, and B Lab among those confirmed to share advances in the metrics around social and environmental value
SAN FRANCISCO, July 26, 2018 – Sustainable Brands® recently unveiled program details for New Metrics '18: The ROI of Sustainable Business, scheduled for October 29-31 in Philadelphia, PA. Gathering together more than 400 business executives, sustainability strategists and financial leaders from across the globe, New Metrics focuses on cutting-edge ideas and tools for quantifying previously-ignored risks, costs and revenue potential associated with sustainability impacts.
Over 100 speakers from leading organizations such as EY, Global Reporting Initiative, SASB and Novo Nordisk will collaborate with executives attending from Nike, SolarCoin, Rainforest Alliance, Tiffany & Co., Rolland and others to share leading edge corporate initiatives and metrics that help business leaders manage their organizations and value chains better.
This year’s conference will feature content in four unique tracks: Value in Finance & Investing, Value in Product & Service Innovation, Value in Strategy & Operations, and Value in Marketing & Communications.
Key discussion topics and featured speakers presented at New Metrics this year include:
- Joey Bergstein, CEO of Seventh Generation, will address why and how ‘sustainable living’ brands outperform others in growth and profitability.
- Tensie Whelan, Director of the Center for Sustainable Business at NYU Stern, will divulge the benefits of using the new Sustainability Monetization Framework.
- Amy Binder, Founder & CEO of RF|Binder, will reveal new research exploring risks and opportunities in taking a stand on hot-button social issues.
- Arthur Woods, Co-founder of Imperative, will explore new ways to measure employee engagement and the value of a purpose-driven workforce.
- Laura Palmeiro, Sustainability Integration Director at Danone, will reveal a manageable path for large multinationals to pursue B Corp Certification.
- Bob Laux, North American Lead at International Integrated Reporting Council, will explore the future of sustainability reporting and the transition to multi-capitalism.
- Mike Wallace, Interim Executive Director at Social and Human Capital Coalition, will explain harmonizing social metrics under the newly-launched Social and Human Capital Coalition.
- Julie Corbett, Founder & CEO of Ecologic Brands, will share the promise of breakthrough business models around waste and circular economy.
More insights from Danone ...
Join us to hear Danone CMO Valérie Hernando-Presse share lessons on building authentic purposeful consumer engagement in practice — at SB'19 Detroit, June 3-6.
“We’re thrilled to convene this unique set of conversations under the New Metrics umbrella – a one-stop shop for the most critical developments in the world of sustainability metrics.” states Dimitar Vlahov, Director of Content Development at Sustainable Brands. “We’ll deliver the latest on familiar topics such as ROI modelling, multi-capital reporting and the future of accounting, but we’re also covering a lot of exciting new ground – looking at ways blockchain solutions create new environmental and social value; diving into the new S&P Dow Jones Index series; unveiling version 2.0 of the SB Brand Transformation Roadmap; and updating attendees on everything they need to know about the Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosures, to name a few examples.”
Proud supporters of this event include Rubicon and EcoAct as Premier sponsors, Innate Motion as a Major sponsor, and FigBytes as a Supporting sponsor. Partners include AICPA, CDP, SustainAbility, Wharton IGEL and G&A Institute.
For further information on the conference program and a complete list of confirmed speakers and sponsors, please visit the conference website at www.NewMetrics18.com. Sponsorship opportunities are still available for companies who wish to demo their products or showcase their thought-leadership around the ROI of Sustainable Business. For more information, please email [email protected] or call 415.626.2212.
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands® is the premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, our mission has been to inspire, engage and equip today’s business and brand leaders to prosper for the near and long term by leading the way to a better future. Digitally published news articles and issues-focused conversation topics, internationally known conferences and regional events, a robust e-learning library and peer-to-peer membership groups all facilitate community learning and engagement throughout the year. Sustainable Brands is hosted by Sustainable Brands Worldwide, a division of Sustainable Life Media headquartered in San Francisco, CA.