Our vision is to have a positive impact on the communities we serve. We achieve this vision by promoting a healthy environment for our customers while minimizing our environmental impact.
Chick-fil-A is tagged in 9 stories.
6 months ago
- Chick-fil-A pilots restaurant-composting program to reduce trash in landfills.
1 year ago
- After a successful inaugural fundraiser in 2017, the 26 New York-area Chick-fil-A® Restaurants in New York City, Southern Connecticut, Long Island, Northern New Jersey and Jersey Shore will host a second annual Lemonade Fundraiser on Friday, Sept. 14 in support of Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation. Last year, this initiative raised more than $28,000, an amount that the company is hopeful to exceed in 2018 with the help of local communities. Once again, the restaurants will donate 100 percent of regular lemonade sales during the event to the nonprofit, a national foundation dedicated to raising funds and awareness for childhood cancer.
2 years ago
- Chick-fil-A® announced today the addition of a new Gluten-Free Bun. The addition comes in response to customers’ requests for more gluten-free/sensitive options on the menu. The new bun, which is now available in restaurants nationwide, comes individually packaged and can be ordered with any of Chick-fil-A’s sandwich offerings.
The Gluten-Free Bun is made with premium ingredients, including ancient grains quinoa and amaranth. It is enriched with vitamins and minerals and is lightly sweetened with molasses and raisins. The Gluten-Free Bun rolls out nationwide following successful tests in three cities across the country in 2016.
2 years ago
- More than 10,000 meals were donated to the local Grovetown nonprofit Concerned Women Inc. from the newly opened Chick-fil-A, as part of the restaurant's three initiatives to give back to the community, coinciding with its grand opening.
The boxes containing the sustainable meals were packed by more than 60 people Wednesday who attended "The First 100" campout in the parking lot ahead of the site's grand opening Thursday, in an effort to receive free Chick-fil-A food for a year.
Concerned Women Inc. chief Bea Sanders said the food donation will help the organization get a jump-start on its summer feeding initiatives.
3 years ago
- Chick-fil-A® announces today a new initiative that will more than double the company’s investment in Team Members’ college educations – providing $4.9 million in scholarships in 2017 alone, as well as access to tuition discounts and other benefits at more than 70 colleges and universities nationwide. While Chick-fil-A has offered scholarships for more than 40 years, the enhanced initiative, called Remarkable Futures, increases the amount of funding per recipient, allowing students to receive up to $25,000 in scholarships to be applied at any accredited institution of their choice, including online and on-campus formats, and can be combined with tuition discounts and other educational benefits at participating institutions.
4 years ago
- Mission-driven coffee startup THRIVE Farmers was recently recognized as the second-fastest growing company in Georgia by The Association for Corporate Growth in Atlanta.
4 years ago
- Growing public health and consumer safety concerns about the overuse of antibiotics in food has sparked a wave of resistance, with both Subway and Kroger facing pressure this week to curb their reliance on antibiotics — which the companies say they use to promote growth and produce their meat efficiently.Opposition to the excessive antibiotics use has arisen from the spread of antibiotic-resistant ‘superbug’ bacteria, which render infections that are normally treatable with antibiotics more severe and even deadly. Food contaminated with antibiotic-resistant bacteria is one way in which ‘superbugs’ can be transmitted from farms to people.
4 years ago
- This afternoon panel on Wednesday, day three of SB '15 San Diego, offered a unique opportunity to hear from a diverse group of companies, both large and small, national and global, spanning several industries, and with different degrees of complexity in their supply chains. With the help of moderator Bonnie Nixon, former supply chain sustainability for companies such as HP and Mattel, the group offered insights into several potential trends:
5 years ago
- Chick–fil–A has announced it is partnering with THRIVE Farmers™ Coffee to offer the QSR industry’s first–ever socially beneficial, specialty–grade coffee. Per THRIVE’s unique revenue-sharing model, the sale of each cup of coffee directly supports its network of Central American family coffee farmers, allowing them to earn up to 10 times more than farmers earn in traditional or even fair trade revenue models. THRIVE created a blend specifically for the chain, which is now available in restaurants nationwide.