Schneider Electric, global specialist in energy management and automation, announced the launch of a new brand campaign in North America to showcase the business and societal value of sustainability and efficiency. The brand campaign executes on the company's newly launched global brand strategy, Life Is On, which aims to clearly articulate how the company helps customers around the world transform the way they access and consume energy.
Through the Life Is On campaign, Schneider Electric aims to humanize and bring to life one of the largest industrial brands in the world. It will put the spotlight on the company's customers, showcasing their ability to make an impact on their organizations, communities and society. It will highlight new technologies that enable distributed and connected energy that aim to redefine the way we live.
Schneider Electric — which earlier this month was found by Reputation Institute to have one of the best public perceptions for corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the United States — says the Life Is On strategy builds on four brand attributes that characterize its business:
- Connectivity: Schneider Electric creates the interconnection of IT and OT (Operational Technology) to produce actionable information for better business results.
- Sustainability: Schneider Electric helps sustain customer resources, reduce CO2 emissions, and better manage and ensure more livable environments.
- Efficiency: Schneider Electric helps customers achieve better energy and process efficiency in their cities, businesses, plants, buildings and homes, with solutions that are simpler to use.
- Reliability & Safety: Schneider Electric builds and delivers safe, reliable products and solutions — from the simplest of switches to complex operational ecosystems.
As an integrated marketing campaign, Life is On represents one of the largest marketing investments Schneider Electric has made in the North American region. The focus on North America underscores the opportunity Schneider Electric sees in the region, the company's largest market.
"As the global specialist in energy management and automation, we uniquely understand the transformative power access to clean and reliable energy has in improving lives," said Chris Leong, Chief Marketing Officer at Schneider Electric. "We are excited to launch this campaign to demonstrate the business value of being more connected, efficient and sustainable and the positive impact that can have on our larger society. Our North American brand-to-business campaign is crucial to unveiling this vision and our new brand to the world."
The campaign is supported by examples of how Schneider Electric enables its customers to ensure “Life Is On” around the world. For example:
- The Green Mountain Data Center near Stavenger, Norway is one of the most energy-efficient data centers in the world and was designed and built in partnership with Schneider Electric. The facility is built into the side of a mountain in a former NATO storage bunker, making it exceptionally secure. Schneider Electric developed a solution to draw cold water from the nearby fjord to cool the data center, instead of using refrigeration or coolant. That solution, alongside Schneider Electric's industry leading DCIM (data center infrastructure management) software, enables the facility to achieve a world-class power usage effectiveness ration (PUE) of 1.2, which means Green Mountain customers in government, financial services and other arenas are able to access data center resources in a highly efficient manner.
- **Fenway Park **in Boston, MA, the home of the iconic Boston Red Sox, needs the most precise weather data available, several times a day to ensure the right conditions on game day. It's especially important in Boston, where the weather can be unpredictable. Using Schneider Electric's Weather Sentry, the team's managers know exactly when and where it's going to rain, for how long and how hard, and how long the window is until it will rain again. This new level of information makes it possible for the Red Sox team to work more efficiently than ever, and make the right call when it comes to weather-related game delays and cancellations.
The Life is On campaign will launch in the U.S., Canada and Mexico over the course of the fourth quarter, and will continue into 2016.