Danone, Global Reporting Initiative, SAP, PepsiCo speaking at New Metrics ‘18 about creating and measuring new forms of value
SAN FRANCISCO, September 26, 2018 – Sustainable Brands® reveals program, networking and activity highlights for its upcoming conference: New Metrics 2018. Nearly 400 business executives will convene October 29-31 at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel for a conversation on the ROI of Sustainable Business and smarter, more accurate, and more inclusive business metrics that generate value for all stakeholders.
100+ thought-leaders will share cutting-edge business ideas and case studies from the main stage, breakout sessions, and roundtable discussions. Attendees will connect with fellow conference goers through evening receptions, networking breaks, and other special events. Select event highlights include:
- Joey Bergstein, CEO of Seventh Generation, will share how the organization has maintained accelerating growth across five continents and doubled revenue since 2011 as a purpose-driven brand.
- Rachel Wilson, Senior Vice President of Finance at Iron Mountain, will discuss ESG opportunities from the point of view of a CFO and Treasury Lead, divulging how sustainability and finance can achieve win-win results when they combine forces.
- David Katz, Founder & CEO of The Plastic Bank, will expand on how blockchain technology is helping his organization create a global economy of ‘social plastic’.
- United By Blue will host the Sunday Night Welcome Reception, discussing their nationwide DIY cleanup initiative Blue Friday.
- Rubicon Global will reveal the 50 winners of the Waste Fit Championship at the Tuesday Night Reception. Nominations for the competition close September 30th.
- A tour of Lincoln Financial Field will demonstrate how the Philadelphia Eagles are implementing their sustainability commitment to become the greenest stadium in the country.
- Dimitar Vlahov of Sustainable Brands and Kevin Hagen of Iron Mountain will disclose to the SB Corporate Member Network how organizations can move towards more sustainable business practices using the SB Brand Transformation Roadmap: a comprehensive process plan for continuous improvement in sustainability.
- Alyson Genovese of GRI, Sarah Leugers of Gold Standard, Sue Allchurch of the United Nations Global Compact, and Anna Palazij of PepsiCo will round out an all-female panel to address best practices around capturing value from aligning innovation and strategic partnerships with the SDGs.
- David Post of SASB, Louis Coppola of G&A Institute, Justin Neff of Moss Adams, Mark Tulay of CECP, and Erika Karp of Cornerstone Capital Group will discuss the evolution of corporate ESG reporting towards decision-useful data for investors and long-term value creation.
“This year’s New Metrics conference, now in its 8th year, is shaping up to be the most practical and immediately-applicable to date,” says Dimitar Vlahov, Director of Content Development at Sustainable Brands. “While we will be discussing a wide range of sustainability metrics, the focus this year is on particularly timely topics such as the emerging science of well-being, risks and opportunities in taking a stand on tough social issues, lessons from the VW emissions scandal, and using blockchain-powered digital currencies to solve social and environmental problems, among others.”
Sustainable Brands is proud to recognize the many sponsors already committed to showcasing their brand leadership at New Metrics ‘18, including Rubicon Global and EcoAct as Premier Sponsors, Innate Motion as a Major Sponsor, Flex, Metrio, Greengate Power, Ecovadis, United By Blue and Trucost, part of S&P Dow Jones Indices as Supporting Sponsors. Partner organizations include AICPA, CDP, Ceres, G&A Institute, SustainAbility and Wharton IGEL. TerraCycle is the official waste diversion partner and South Pole is the official carbon offset partner.
Adding pieces to the ‘total impact’ puzzle ...
Join us as representatives from Dow, GM, HPE and more discuss the effects of new or newly reported types of impact — including quantifying the benefits of circularity initiatives and contributions to SDGs — on companies’ sustainability agendas, November 19 at New Metrics '19.
New Metrics 2018 is scheduled for October 29-31, 2018 at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel in Philadelphia, PA. Register now to participate and find the partners and tools needed to secure a competitive advantage in a changing marketplace. Best available pricing ends Sunday, September 30th.
Sponsorship opportunities are now available for those with breakthrough initiatives, tools, and technologies that support business success through innovation for an environmental and social benefit. For more information about attending or sponsoring New Metrics ‘18, please visit www.NewMetrics18.com or email [email protected]
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands® is the premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, our mission has been to inspire, engage and equip today’s business and brand leaders to prosper for the near and long term by leading the way to a better future. Digitally published news articles and issues-focused conversation topics, internationally known conferences and regional events, a robust e-learning library and peer-to-peer membership groups all facilitate community learning and engagement throughout the year. Sustainable Brands is hosted by Sustainable Brands Worldwide, a division of Sustainable Life Media headquartered in San Francisco, CA.