5 days ago
- 2021 Sustainability Leaders Survey examines attitudes of nearly 700 experts from over 70 countries, reflecting on the pandemic’s implications for sustainable social and environmental development agendas — and who is perceived to be leading the charge.
1 month ago
- The happiness of buying new shoes is a short-lived dopamine kick, whereas finding better ways of living in balance with yourself adds lifelong value. It’s time to create a new offering: Who can you help people become?
2 months ago
- In GlobeScan’s 2020 survey of global consumers, 74% said they agree that they need to consume less to preserve the environment for future generations. But opinions are mixed when it comes to shopping secondhand, renting or leasing items — pointing to the persistence of that pesky intention-action gap.
3 months ago
- Next month, GlobeScan’s latest annual, global consumer survey will assess whether the uptick in concern around creating a healthier, more sustainable future that occurred during the pandemic will persist in the longer term.
3 months ago
- So, what’s still preventing consumers from living more in line with their values? GlobeScan has identified seven critical “unlocks” to help consumers to change their behaviors, and start aligning their lifestyles with their values and aspirations.
5 years ago
- Last month, IKEA’s Chief Sustainability Officer, Steve Howard, raised eyebrows at a panel debate by suggesting that in some parts of the world we have reached the point of ‘peak stuff’, a comment that was interpreted by some as a warning that consumer appetite for home furnishings had reached a crucial turning point.