International on-demand car-service app Uber has announced a partnership with Home Depot to deliver Christmas trees to residents in 10 US cities. With a bit of luck, good timing and holiday magic, Uber will deliver a live tree to your doorstep today for $135, according to its blog.
What to do:
- Download the Uber app for iPhone, Android or Blackberry
- Between 11am – 8pm Thursday, request the “UberTREE” option via your app
- If your timing is right, you’ll have a tree, stand and an Uber gift delivered to your front door within minutes
- Keep in mind, availability will be very limited
In 10 participating Uber cities, the car service will deliver 7- to 8-ft Fraser or Noble firs (depending on the city), between 11am and 8pm local time, furnished by The Home Depot. If your timing is right, here’s what you can expect on your doorstep in a matter of minutes:
How startups are paving the way to a food waste-free world
Meet even more startups innovating to rid the world of food waste at SB'20 Long Beach — June 1-4.
Other details include:
- Each UberTREE includes a 7-8 ft. netted tree, tree stand, and Uber gift
- Trees will be delivered to the first point of entry at your delivery location
- No cash required! Your UberTREE will be charged to the credit card, PayPal or Google Wallet tied to your Uber account.
No word on whether Uber will offer the service beyond today, but it will continue to deliver holiday spirit in various cities, according to AdWeek. In Seattle this week, the company is running a "Santa on Demand" effort that will deliver red-cladded Santas to gatherings around the Emerald City. And later this month, the service will be teaming up with drivers in 10 cities — New York; Philadelphia; Toronto; Indianapolis; Detroit; Chicago; Minneapolis; Denver; San Diego; and Bogota, Columbia — for an "UberSleigh" campaign to collect toys for children in need.