1 year ago
- To kick off the final day of Brand-Led Culture
Change, attendees were treated to a broad series of examples, from a wide swath of experts, of clever strategies that lead to behavior change.
1 year ago
- Even with an uptick in consumer knowledge of climate issues and food brands sharing carbon-footprint data for their products, the CPG world is still wondering if carbon-labeling is worth the effort and investment. Here are 5 key takeaways from recent peer-reviewed literature and industry papers.
2 years ago
- The First Educator Advantage (FEA) is when a CPG brand is first to educate consumers on an impact topic that does not yet hold mainstream materiality. Here, we explore how successfully executing this strategy can reduce scope 3 emissions, increase consumer loyalty and allow R&D teams to effectively innovate for the market.
2 years ago
- Guests ordering on the Chipotle app and Chipotle.com now get a first-of-its-kind look into the brand’s sourcing efforts, down to the ingredient — and can track how Chipotle reduces its environmental impacts.
5 years ago
- The week surrounding Easter has the highest consumption of chocolate in the year. For environmentalists, it can be a bitter reminder that many of the world’s primary regions for growing cocoa are experiencing dramatic decline in forest cover as land is cleared for agriculture. Cocoa is the top driver of deforestation in Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire; countries that also rank 1st and 3rd for the highest rates of deforestation in all of Africa.
6 years ago
- Transparency hasn’t always been a strong point for the food industry, but a new partnership between HowGood, a research organization and in-store rating system that identifies industry leaders in the food system, and supermarket chain Giant Food could serve as a turning point for the sector. The relationship, which started as a test pilot in Giant stores in the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan area, is expanding to all Giant stores due to positive customer feedback on the program.
8 years ago
- One of the highlights of Sustainable Brands ‘13 London was Chip Walker’s talk about The Shifting Landscape of Consumer Values and Implications for Your Brand’s Future. The power in Walker’s delivery was, in common with all the best talks, that he provided insight into questions that everyone in his audience has. Specifically, he shed new light on how consumers think about brands.